How to get retail DS cart saves to my DSTwo?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JunkInMyTrunk, Feb 24, 2013.

1. JunkInMyTrunk
    OP

Newcomer JunkInMyTrunk Newbie

United States
    Hello everybody,

I have a 3DS XL, and I just got a Supercard DSTwo. I have the retail cart of Bowser's Inside Story for the DS, which I have played almost all the way to the end. I want to transfer my saved game from that cart so I can continue playing on my DSTwo.

I have tried SavSender, and while it says it's sending the save, I end up getting a 8,192 byte file full of null bytes. I tried both the older version that sends via FTP, and the newer version that acts like a web server. Same results.

I have also tried Rudolph's Backup Tools, and after inserting the retail game and pressing A, I get, "The card of Slot-1 cannot be recognized. Please pull out once, and set it again."

I suspect hardware differences between the DS and 3DS are what's causing the trouble. I only have the 3DS XL--I do not have a Nintendo DS.

Does anyone know of a way to accomplish what I'm after?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Anything that needs cart swapping will not work on the DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, or 3DS XL.

So you'll need an older DS (DS or Lite), or specified hardware. There's a few DS save backup dongles out there, don't know which ones are good myself.

3. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    The R4i save dongle should work on DS games but some newer 3DS games dont seen to work with the dongle

4. JunkInMyTrunk
    OP

Newcomer JunkInMyTrunk Newbie

United States
    Crud. I was afraid I'd have to get my hands on a DS to do this. Thanks for the responses, guys.