How to get psx titles working on PRO C2

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by jamezfat, Aug 23, 2018.

1. jamezfat
    OP

jamezfat GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    Mom's basement
    So I recently just picked up a psp 3000.

After putting cfw on it, (PRO C2, temporary. I haven't bothered with infinity yet)

I wanted to try running psx games on it. So I grabbed a copy of the first crash bandicoot, already formatted for psp use. (I do indeed own many copies of the game, so don't think too terribly of me)

I placed the folder containing the eboot, and such in the game folder on my memory stick.

I then ejected the card, and inserted it into my psp.
    I used the quick recovery tool to boot into C2, and started up the game.

It got to a health and safety screen, and then closed the game giving me an error message with the code:

"The game could not be started.
    (FFFFFFFF)"

After doing a bit of research, I've seen it noted that certain builds of C2 have problems with certain psx games.

Some are saying that C2 is only having problems with games from the psn, whereas some are having different, yet similar issues.

I've been out of the psp scene for so long that I'm kinda at a loss of where to go next

I figured it may be a bit easier to ask here instead of dig through fourms from 5 years ago regarding fixes to problems that are different from mine.

I'm pretty sure I just need to use a separate build of C2, or maybe a different cfw all together.

Could someone maybe point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

2. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Personally, I just use LME, it's never given me any issues. You should be able to install it on top of Pro to switch over. Infinity works perfectly for me on a 3001, only quirk is that you have to enable ME instead of LME in the Infinity menu.

3. Dieterweireldt

Dieterweireldt Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    Belgium
    I read on wololo that "6.60 PRO-C2 has a bug that prevents PSN PSX games from being played at all" and have a "6.60 PRO-C fix 3" file to fix this.. but I'm not sure either what file to use.. I just bought a dirt cheap second hand PSP but unfortunately it's a Street model so I can't use Infinity (thank God temporary cfw work).. Still waiting on my Memory stick Pro Duo Adapter to install it..

4. Dieterweireldt

Dieterweireldt Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2018
    Belgium
    Can confirm now that the fix 3 version works 100%

jamezfat likes this.
  5. zfreeman

zfreeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2013
    United States
    Pennsylvania