How to get ps3 to recognize hdd/run backups w/ rebug 4.46 + multiman

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by AverageGatsby, Sep 11, 2014.

1. AverageGatsby
    OP

AverageGatsby Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2012
    Canada
    Hello, I just modded my ps3 today and installed rebug 4.46.1 lite and the latest multiman. I'm kind of confused as to how run backups/have my ps3 recognize my hdd.

If anyone could help me out or point me towards an appropriate tutorial that'd be great. I haven't been able to find much about it by googling.

Edit: My hdd is formatted to fat32

2. CheeseCake

CheeseCake GBAtemp Regular

Jul 26, 2014
    United States
    On the Kitchen Table Obviously
    Cyan's Multiman beginners guide.

This is what I used along with several other guides when I started on my first CFW.

I'm honestly surprised no one goes to Tutorials & Faqs first for these guides or Search in the search bar right there at the top right.

I have this information thread that I made for beginners like you

I won't tell you where to get backups. You have to find them yourself. Forum Rules

3. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Regarding backups, the guide listed above covers it.

How big is your hard drive? If it's over 2TB then that's your problem right there. The only problems I've had with my PS3 recognizing my USB hard drives/flash drives were NTFS-related, but as yours is formatted to fat32, I can't really help ya.

4. ieatpixels

ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    use multiman, press triangle and select copy to HDD.
    games can run from your internal drive or external drive (or network but it doesn't work for me), the directory is a folder called GAMES in the root of the drive.
    I'd recommend installing Webman for launching games as it doesn't require launching an app first.

As for your HDD being detected, we need more detail.
    I'm assuming it's a USB drive?
    Does it detect just fine on your computer?
    Can you confirm that the HDD doesn't show up under the media bar?