Hacking How to get my XS-Key

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, does anyone know? Google really isn't what it used to be. Hopefully there's an ELF that can do it all by itself
wink.gif

Cheers

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
superrob said:
And what is this "XS-Key" usefull for?

He won't tell you cause he sees no point in telling us:

retrospect said:
...there's no point explaining what it is, because anyone who doesn't know what it is wont be able to help.

So the same can be said about his question:
What's the point in telling how to get the XS Key, because anyone who do know what the XS Key does, also know how to get it.

Anyway XS Key: (XS Key is an RSA encrypted Key)

RSA keys: The Wii uses RSA-based authentication in several different places. This is fundamentally different than the AES encryption used for data-hiding, because RSA is an asymmetric cipher, meaning there are no shared secrets — nothing to be extracted from the Wii. The only RSA keys stored on the Wii are public keys, used to verify authenticity of content.

* CP: Content Protection? This key is used to sign the TMD associated with every title. The TMD contains a SHA1 hash of the contents of that title, proving that it had not been modified. My 24c3 presentation was done by injecting a new .DOL into a Lego Star Wars disc and then forging the signature on its TMD, using a flaw originally discovered by Segher. After that presentation, people eventually discovered the common key needed to decrypt update partitions, allowing others to analyze / disassemble IOS. xt5 (who I had the pleasure of meeting at 24c3) was then able to find the same flaw and implemented it in his Trucha Signer. In fact, from disassembling his code, the core part of it was almost identical to our never-released code — great minds think alike, eh?
* XS: ”Access”? This is the key that signs tickets, which contain the title keys for individual titles.
* CA: Certification Authority: This key signs both the XS and CP keys.
* MS: “Master?” This key is used to sign the certificate that contains a copy of your Wii’s public ECC key. This certificate is then appended to savegames on SD cards, so that any other Wii can verify that the key was issued by Nintendo.
* Root: This is the “grand master key”, which signs the CA key.

More info on Wii keys:

http://www.console-scene.info/forums/hacki...at-they-do.html

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Arctic_Flame already answered this question. Pair of tweezers, nice and simple.

Some of you kids have a really annoying habit of trying to reverse logic and failing:

This, "there's no point explaining what it is, because anyone who doesn't know what it is wont be able to help." is true. Saves everyone time and deviation. Also, when an answer is posted (thank you Arctic_Flame), you will still get to know without cluttering everything up with chit-chat.

This, "What's the point in telling how to get the XS Key, because anyone who do know what the XS Key does, also know how to get it." is a load of crap. I mean, it's just blatantly wrong.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please. This is exactly the kind of moronic immaturity the signature is there to dissuade (from Shtonkalot).

What exactly would I have to cry about? I had an answer (and still the only answer) right at the top of the thread there.

Simply behaving as though one chain of events has occurred doesn't make it so. Still, if you need to in order to feel better about yourself I suppose it isn't harming anyone.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chill out dude, it's just a joke.
You didn't want others to clutter the thread so you could get the answer you sought , I dig it.
You don't have to now keep up the thread contamination with your useless whinging about how the thread should be and what is or isn't so.
It'll take more than a little sig message to stop people from making their opinions.
Calling people "kids" and suggesting they have "annoying habits" comes across like you can't handle some people voicing that they have a different opinion to you.
That's why the "Wah wa wa..." you had a whinge and I pointed it out... Suck it!

The really funny part though is:
retrospect said:
This, "there's no point explaining what it is, because anyone who doesn't know what it is wont be able to help." is true. Saves everyone time and deviation. Also, when an answer is posted (thank you Arctic_Flame), you will still get to know without cluttering everything up with chit-chat.See even though you wouldn't explain "because anyone who doesn't know what it is wont be able to help" You go on to thank the same guy who asked for an explanation
QUOTE(arctic_flame @ May 25 2008, 08:05 PM) What is it?
in the next sentence.. you know the guy who didn't "know what it is" and "wont be able to help"
rofl2.gif
Now I have tears too!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
retrospect said:
Please. This is exactly the kind of moronic immaturity the signature is there to dissuade (from Shtonkalot).

What exactly would I have to cry about? I had an answer (and still the only answer) right at the top of the thread there.

Simply behaving as though one chain of events has occurred doesn't make it so. Still, if you need to in order to feel better about yourself I suppose it isn't harming anyone.
with talk like this nobody who DOES know will help you. The purpose of this forum is to spread knowledge, NOT to create an elite of annoying people who refuse to talk.

dweirdo

Trophies
XP
Country
stop arguing!
it pisses me off gosh...
tongue.gif

its not connected to the topic ^^
so about the topic: WHAT IS IT?
biggrin.gif

EDIT:manias pointed it out ! manias FTW!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1