Hacking how to get my saves from a non-reconginzable G6?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
My G6 is working on my DSL but i cant get my computers to recognize it so i'll be able to backup my saves and do the MPutility thing.
is there any way to get it to work without formatting it so i would be able to backup my games? or is there any way to simply access save games?
thnx giuys.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can only think of two ways to back up the saves from the G6 without being able to connect it to the PC.

The first is to write the saves to actual DS games, but that would require one DS game cart per save, and they would have to use the same save type. This may not work for games that use 4Mbit saves, like Pokemon Diamond & Pearl.

The second way would be to use DSFTP, but unless it's on the G6 already, this won't be possible.

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, to access the save games you could try it on another computer or another OS. Boot up a Linux live CD and see if you can read it with that. If it works, just backup your saves to another USB drive or a network share. Or if you have different versions of Windows on different PCs in your house, try all of them.

Before you do anything though you should see if its just a problem with your USB port(s), see if Windows even recognises that a new disk has been plugged in (Right-Click 'My Computer" -> Manage -> Storage -> Disk Management). If anything other than your Fixed Disks, CD/DVD Drive(s), and Floppy (if you still have one) is listed there then the problem lies with your Windows installation, most likely missing/deleted drivers for the USB port(s)/controllers.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
1-i just have FF III in original, so i cant use first methond by Destructobot.

2-and dont have DSFTP too, and if i had, it would not work i think since i'm gonna format it and everything will be gone, even backed up saves.

3-i tried my desktop which has XP, same problem, i get Insert Disk into ...
but before that it gave me "the disk is not formatted, do u want to format it?" message.

4-in the manage->storage->disk management i have my drive listing but another one (which is G6) which blank name, i mean its name is like written with 7 spaces (blanks), and its storage size is 306 and is completely free.

what do u suggest?
A- does mputility really fix this time?
B- is my G6 healthy? cuz its like 4th time that this happens to me in like 4months
C- what do u think i should do, just erase 'em all? last resort?

thnx guys.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I were having this problem I would do these steps: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37111

I don't know what causes this, but some guesses are:

A) unplugging the G6 from the PC while the G6 filesystem is being accessed

B) turning off the DS or removing the G6 while the last save is being written to the .0 file at startup, or when DLDI homebrew is accessing the filesystem

C) improperly programmed DLDI homebrew, or bugs in the DLDI driver might cause this just through normal use

You might want to start backing up your saves every time you plug the G6 into the PC. Here are some tools for backing saves up automatically:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=37349
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36963

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
thnx for ur reply.
i dont use homebrew, i just did once.
i just forgot about saves and wanted to use my G6, so i tried to format it by windows, so it didnt since windows was giving me insert a disk error.
so i used green text technic on DS to format it (low level i think) and then trying to use windows to format, not possible again.
so after lots of try this and that, i was able to format it and use mputility.
but the problem persists.
problems that i have:

1- if i use the G6 on my desktop computer it will get corrupted but my
desktop usb drive is ok and i used to use it mainly on my G6

2- now that i put my games in G6, DS doesnt recognize G6 and says there is no gamepak there.

3- sometimes games dont work, when i run them screen gets blank or white.

past times when it got corrupted, the mputility used to solve all problems but now even when i format and format and use mputility, i still have problems.
what should i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands