Misc How to get MY games back?

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been subject to the unfortunate fate of losing ALL MY FUCKING GAMES because of the fact I hadn't known that this useless and ridiculous DRM measure was in place.

Now I have tried emailing and other means of arguing with them about how unfair this DRM measure is on legitimate users to no avail but to be told

Thank you for your email.

We are sorry to hear that your Nintendo console is faulty and you are unable to perform a system transfer.

If you have purchased a new console and still have access to your old console then we are able to offer a transfer service, however both consoles will be required by our Service Centre to complete the transfer process.

If you no longer have the original console then a transfer will not be possible as all purchases are tied directly to the console. This information is in the terms and conditions of the shop service which must be accepted before using the shop.

To book your consoles in you just need to speak to an advisor directly, by calling us on 0345 60 50 247.

Our friendly and efficient staff will gladly help with any queries you may have and book your Nintendo consoles in for a transfer.
- Please note the Service Centre Hours are between 08:30 to 19:00 Monday to Friday & Saturday 08:30 to 15:30 (Excluding Bank Holidays)

We do hope that you enjoy using our services and we look forward to assisting you on this matter further.

They never got back after that.

I ended up going no further for a number of months but it's bugging me that I've let them have well over £200 worth of MY games that I shelled out big time to buy.

Do any of you fine tempers have any advice to give on tackling this issue? I'm sure this has affected a lot of people by now since I wasn't aware at all until it was too late that I would never be able to get access to my games back without doing this stupid and pointless process?

I think it's really unfair because where in the day to day use of the 3DS are you told about this?
In the eShop? nope
In the initial 3DS system setup? nope...

Oh, yeah, in the LAST FUCKING PAGE of the system settings...

Cheers..

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have old 3ds buy a Gateway card and download the games again for free.

Stick it to the man you know.

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have old 3ds buy a Gateway card and download the games again for free.

Stick it to the man you know.
I have been thinking of this just to spite them, but I'm an avid Mario Kart racer who enjoys online gameplay, and I hear that error code 20102 is back for the pirates ; w;

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been thinking of this just to spite them, but I'm an avid Mario Kart racer who enjoys online gameplay, and I hear that error code 20102 is back for the pirates ; w;

I use .cia roms, haven't been banned yet :S

Not sure if anyone's been banned using .cia roms at all really.
Or you could buy 1 game and use it's header on your roms, that seems to be working for folks as well.

Plus, the bans seem to be temporary so far.

I agree with you though, Nintendo's purchase transfer policy sucks and if it costs YOU money, then screw 'em.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TC,

Im sorry to hear about that. I would agree Ninty DRM system is trash. Can't link and unlink consoles on your own...can't back up and restore YOUR saves to another console. Just copy Sony Ninty that is ALL you needed to do >.>

Reactions: Ericss

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, what did you do with your 3DS?
You didn't say you don't have it anymore.
Why don't you use the transfer service they are "able to offer".
Regarding the Nintendo style DRM, you don't even require an account to buy things and use the eShop, it is never said it is not linked to the console, why did you think it would be otherwise? (makes no sense given you don't require an account)
I agree it is shit, but I think it is made quite obvious that it works like that (possibly even in the manual, but I couldn't care to go and check it)

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
should've just said it was stolen.

That way, they'd have processed everything to your new one. Silly isn't it?

Not sure but wouldn't Nintendo ask for a police report as proof? I can imagine the conversation going like:

Nintendo: Have you filed a police report that it's been stolen?
Me: Nope
Nintendo: But... it's been stolen and you haven't done anything about it?
Me: ....crap

Syphos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's the reason why I buy (most of) my games as retail, let alone retail is cheaper then in-store.
Yes, I know what you think, swapping the games can be a pain, but I am used to it since the 8-bit gameboy era.

Only downside, if my 3DS bricks, I lose all those damn "download only" games >_>

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you register your old Nintendo 3ds console to a nintendo club account? i had a similar issue as well i had to ring them and they asked for the nintendo club account that was used, my date of birth and State im living in, they transferred everything over in under 2 hours i also had a friend from the US who did the same thing but as he reported it stolen he got a few free games that he only owned as physical copies, the process can only be done once though unless you have the serial code for the old console

Your best bet is to ring them and not by email as they have to help you out :s

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
At least it isn't as bad as randomly losing over $300 worth of eShop content including all New Super Mario Bros. dlc. It's like they removed my licences, but at least I still have that and Resident Evil.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1