How to get Freeloader to work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by krazykirk, May 3, 2008.

May 3, 2008

How to get Freeloader to work by krazykirk at 7:59 AM (1,379 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. krazykirk
    OP

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    If the freeloader isn't working, here is the exact procedure that I tried and it works perfectly. I have a Australian PAL wii, chipped with a Wiikey.

1. Download the image. "[WII]Datel_Wii_FreeLoader_CRACKED-TPB" (Mine was 2.43mb) I'm sure you can figure out where I got it from.
    2. Burn with the latest version of Imgburn. (It really does the best job of burning images)
    3. Put the burnt disc into your wii. You should get funny lines going across your wii, from right to left, twice.
    4. Once the disc is loaded, in the disc screen, you should have a black screen. DO NOT START THE DISC.
    5. Eject the freeloader disc, and put the different region disc into the drive, and voila! It should work.

I've noticed that different region games can have unpredictable results with your tv.

For example, I put my Japanese Wii Fit my wii, and the screen turns black and white and gets cut off half way. This is fixed by changing the settings in my HDD/DVD recorder to NTSC, as my wii is put through that. As the refresh speeds in PAL vs NTSC are different, this causes this effect.

I think if you patch the image with the generic wii patcher, this issue can also be bypassed.

2. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Well i got no luck with Freeloader jet.. maybe i should try your trick with getting a DVD recorder and setting it to NTSC or something. Becourse i just want to play Trauma Center New Blood so badly with Colors and NO MISPLACED HOTSPOTS!

3. krazykirk
    OP

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeah because i'm pretty sure the reason you're getting no colours is the difference between PAL and NTSC as they operate at different framerates. So if you can get something (Maybe even your tv) to display NTSC through your tv, that should fix the problem. Otherwise, you could try using "Generic Wii Patcher" http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938 . I haven't tried it, but it says it patches the video, so you might want to give that a try.