Hacking Question How to get exfat working for 6.01 sx os emmunand, on a 1.0 firmware switch?

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm a little confused on how I go about converting my fat 32 micro sd to exfat after I have my sx os emmunand setup. I'm currently backing up my 1.0 sys nand to the micro sd card right now, and will create an emmunand and update the emmunand to 6.0.1 afterward using ChoiDujourNX. Since this emmunand firmware will be exfat compatible, I'd like to convert my microsd card to exfat. I would have to reformat my microsd card to do this however, and currently the card has my whole setup on it from what i understand (xs os boot.dat, my newly created sys nand backup, choidujournx, etc).

What I'm wondering is, can I simply copy and paste everything currently on my fat32 micro sd card to my desktop, reformat to exfat with guiformat, then copy and paste everything back and be good to go with no issues? If not, what would be the proper procedure?

My main goal is to maintain my 1.0 firmware with no burnt fuses, and load nsp backups on a 6.01 emmunand hopefully with exfat. Thanks!

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm a little confused on how I go about converting my fat 32 micro sd to exfat after I have my sx os emmunand setup. I'm currently backing up my 1.0 sys nand to the micro sd card right now, and will create an emmunand and update the emmunand to 6.0.1 afterward using ChoiDujourNX. Since this emmunand firmware will be exfat compatible, I'd like to convert my microsd card to exfat. I would have to reformat my microsd card to do this however, and currently the card has my whole setup on it from what i understand (xs os boot.dat, my newly created sys nand backup, choidujournx, etc).

What I'm wondering is, can I simply copy and paste everything currently on my fat32 micro sd card to my desktop, reformat to exfat with guiformat, then copy and paste everything back and be good to go with no issues? If not, what would be the proper procedure?

My main goal is to maintain my 1.0 firmware with no burnt fuses, and load nsp backups on a 6.01 emmunand hopefully with exfat. Thanks!

Yes, you can. Make sure that show hidden files is turned on in whatever os you're using.

Reactions: ravensfan8448

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on