How to get cheats working?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by IsLNdbOi, Mar 23, 2008.

Mar 23, 2008

How to get cheats working? by IsLNdbOi at 10:01 AM (1,437 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. IsLNdbOi
    OP

Newcomer IsLNdbOi Member

United States
    I have the latest firmware for my CycloDS. I have cheats enabled. Whenever I start a game though, the cheat box doesn't appear for any of my games as well and I've verified that they're the correct ones (same ones listed in the cheat editor).

Do I have to hold a button or something to enable the cheats? I've gone into the CycloDS Evolution's menu and enabled the cheats there. When I start any of the games that have cheats though, I don't get the menu. When I press A+B+X+Y+L+R in the game, the screen that shows says:

"
    SlowMotion: Disabled
    LCD Brightness: 0
    Cheat Codes: Disabled
    Realtime Save
    Realtime Load
    "

2. HeManD

Newcomer HeManD Newbie

Germany
    i think for the new games , chats dosent exist . only for a few older games the cheats are working . like mario bros .
    had nothing to do with pressing any button ^^

3. SpectralSounds

Newcomer SpectralSounds Advanced Member

United States
  4. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States

Enable them in options BEFORE you start a game. It's the third icon to the right.

5. IsLNdbOi
    OP

Newcomer IsLNdbOi Member

United States
    Yes, I did enable them before starting any game. I went into the CycloDS options where it lets you enable / disable realtime saves, cheats, etc. and enabled the cheats. When I start any game though that has cheats in the cheat database, I don't see anything (no prompt that asks which cheat I want to enable / disable for that game).

6. amemoryoncelost

Member amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm on a mac and can't actually see what any of the cheats are for, so I downloaded a couple different ones before one of them had cheats for the games I was using. Some obvious games I thought would have cheats didn't, like mortal kombat and one other I can't remember right now. But it's all squared away. The problem I can almost guarantee you're having is that you're trying games that don't have cheats for them. Check the teamcyclops forums and there is a pretty recent thread about the same issue and there are links to three different cheat files via rapidshare, I tried all three and one of them is working now, not sure which one though, lol!

7. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    I made a Tutorial on how-to convert a cheat.xml file to .evocheats. It's on the main NDS flashing hardware and software forum.