How to get cheats working?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by IsLNdbOi, Mar 23, 2008.

1. IsLNdbOi
    OP

IsLNdbOi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States
    I have the latest firmware for my CycloDS. I have cheats enabled. Whenever I start a game though, the cheat box doesn't appear for any of my games as well and I've verified that they're the correct ones (same ones listed in the cheat editor).

Do I have to hold a button or something to enable the cheats? I've gone into the CycloDS Evolution's menu and enabled the cheats there. When I start any of the games that have cheats though, I don't get the menu. When I press A+B+X+Y+L+R in the game, the screen that shows says:

"
    SlowMotion: Disabled
    LCD Brightness: 0
    Cheat Codes: Disabled
    Realtime Save
    Realtime Load
    "

2. HeManD

HeManD Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 25, 2007
    Gambia, The
    i think for the new games , chats dosent exist . only for a few older games the cheats are working . like mario bros .
    had nothing to do with pressing any button ^^

3. SpectralSounds

SpectralSounds Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2007
    United States
    Pennsylvania
  4. Trulen

Trulen GBAtemp Fan

Jun 27, 2007
    United States

Enable them in options BEFORE you start a game. It's the third icon to the right.

5. IsLNdbOi
    OP

IsLNdbOi Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2008
    United States
    Yes, I did enable them before starting any game. I went into the CycloDS options where it lets you enable / disable realtime saves, cheats, etc. and enabled the cheats. When I start any game though that has cheats in the cheat database, I don't see anything (no prompt that asks which cheat I want to enable / disable for that game).

6. amemoryoncelost

amemoryoncelost GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2006
    United States
    I'm on a mac and can't actually see what any of the cheats are for, so I downloaded a couple different ones before one of them had cheats for the games I was using. Some obvious games I thought would have cheats didn't, like mortal kombat and one other I can't remember right now. But it's all squared away. The problem I can almost guarantee you're having is that you're trying games that don't have cheats for them. Check the teamcyclops forums and there is a pretty recent thread about the same issue and there are links to three different cheat files via rapidshare, I tried all three and one of them is working now, not sure which one though, lol!

7. Ferrariman

Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Dec 9, 2007
    Canada
    Canader.
    I made a Tutorial on how-to convert a cheat.xml file to .evocheats. It's on the main NDS flashing hardware and software forum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice