How to get cheats to work with burnt games?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by webyugioh, Jul 21, 2008.

Jul 21, 2008
  1. webyugioh
    OP

Member webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Hello, I just got myself a pre-modded slim PS2 with Modbo modchip pre installed.
    It plays my backuped games just fine, but i want to use cheats.
    I've downloaded backuped copies of both Action Replay and Codebreaker and neither one work.
    They both load up just fine, but why I turn the codes on and tell it to start the game,
    I put my backuped copy in and it says the game can not be started.

Can anybody help me?

Thank you

2. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Don't think you can. Chip goes to sleep after booting the game , so by the time you get round to swapping discs ,chip is off. Not sure if there is any way round it.

3. webyugioh
    OP

Japan
    i've only been able to find this so far and it just says that it works for some people.

I though I had the newest modchip, so everything should be ok.

Can no one help me?

4. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    No one really specifies what chip that have in that thread , so working for some and not for others doesn't really help unless people say what they are using. I can use cheat discs on my old V5 chipped with a messiah , but I can't use them on my v15 with a matrix infinity.

Matrix infinity goes to sleep after booting a backup , the messiah doesn't (old chip). Far as I know there is no way to wake up the matrix infinity again so you can use cheat discs.

Modbo=Matrix infinity clone , so has the same behaviour as it. As for having the newest chip , so it should be ok , none of them list being able to use copied cheat discs as a feature.

5. webyugioh
    OP

Japan
    Huh, oh well i guess.
    I though there would be some type of homebrew solution but i guess there is not.

I guess i'll just have to borrow a friends real disk and put some cheats on it that will last.