Hacking How to get aurora launching from HDD instead of Nand

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't worry. dashlaunch is reading the one that you're not ftp'ing. once there's only one left on the system, it will read that one. you only need one launch.ini.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't worry. dashlaunch is reading the one that you're not ftp'ing. once there's only one left on the system, it will read that one. you only need one launch.ini.

Well all my launch.ini's are pointing to the IntMu for plugins even though when I launch dashlaunch it points to hdd/plugins. Where exactly is it saving this .ini? I've read about guys bricking their systems for messing with aurora.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be like that by default (can't remember). you won't brick your system by messing with aurora. just make sure you have one launch.ini.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it may be like that by default (can't remember). you won't brick your system by messing with aurora. just make sure you have one launch.ini.

Where does dashlaunch save the launch.ini on default? I'm tempted to delete the .ini in my nand and just ftp the correct settings to the .ini inside my harddrive root. Also do you have any idea what file my aurora paths are stored in? There is a path on there that is too long to edit and I have no way of rerouting it unless I know where it's going.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will load whichever launch.ini it reads first. as I mentioned, it uses a hierarchy, so it reads them in a specific order. I don't recall what that order is. I don't know what you mean by aurora paths.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it will load whichever launch.ini it reads first. as I mentioned, it uses a hierarchy, so it reads them in a specific order. I don't recall what that order is. I don't know what you mean by aurora paths.

When you go into aurora and you press start for settings, you go down to content, In there I have two folders. One is the Apps folder that is currently in xbox360\system\OnBoardMu\Apps the other I'm not sure of is in xbox360\system\onboardMU\Content\00000000000000000\C0..... this is as far as it will let me see through the menu and the scan distance is set to two. The file in content obviously points to xex menu, but I have no idea at what folder whoever gave me the xbox set it to after that. I am trying to find out if there is a .ini with all the paths Aurora has set to scan so that I can manually read where this is pointing to since it won't let me on the xbox.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xexmenu iirc is in CODE9999 folder. you'll have to change the scan locations or delete them if you put the stuff on the hdd or else nothing will happen when you click on the app in aurora.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

leave xexmenu where it is. you need it to be in a location that's accessible from the stock dash.

I think you only have 4GB in internal memory, so you want aurora out of there. my FSD folder is over 3GBs. if you try downloading artwork or something and there's not enough space, FSD will crash. the same is probably true of aurora.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xexmenu iirc is in CODE9999 folder. you'll have to change the scan locations or delete them if you put the stuff on the hdd or else nothing will happen when you click on the app in aurora.

leave xexmenu where it is. you need it to be in a location that's accessible from the stock dash.

I think you only have 4GB in internal memory, so you want aurora out of there. my FSD folder is over 3GBs. if you try downloading artwork or something and there's not enough space, FSD will crash. the same is probably true of aurora.

So leave the xex alone, got it. FSD is killing the space on my internal MU even though I never use it. Why do so many people say to use aurora instead of fsd? I have Xexmenu installed on my M$ dashboard.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's where you want it in case you mess up dashlaunch's default boot or something or don't install dashlaunch when you update. I used to do that when they said you should, but I no longer do that as it's unnecessary now. that's only when dashlaunch had some bugs when being installed, but that was a long time ago. it would sometimes use old patches if they were still on the system, but that was 2.xx dashlaunch. it's up to 3.xx now. I don't know why most people use aurora, I only use FSD since it loads my database faster. FSD is mostly for if you just want to play games while aurora is kinda bloated with features, most of which no one will ever use.

I think aurora can use voice commands and gestures, but you need kinect. FS3 might be able to as well, but I use FSD2.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's where you want it in case you mess up dashlaunch's default boot or something or don't install dashlaunch when you update. I used to do that when they said you should, but I no longer do that as it's unnecessary now. that's only when dashlaunch had some bugs when being installed, but that was a long time ago. it would sometimes use old patches if they were still on the system, but that was 2.xx dashlaunch. it's up to 3.xx now. I don't know why most people use aurora, I only use FSD since it loads my database faster. FSD is mostly for if you just want to play games while aurora is kinda bloated with features, most of which no one will ever use.

I think aurora can use voice commands and gestures, but you need kinect. FS3 might be able to as well, but I use FSD2.

Do you play xbox live on stealth? I kinda want to play online, but I don't trust dodgy stealth servers and I don't really want to pay 30$ a month plus gold to play with a bunch of cheaters. Is XlinkKai still a thing?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know if xlink kai is still a t hing, and no, I don't use stealth. I'm afraid that it won't work, and then I'll be banned.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a free stealth method, but you have to compile it yourself with visual studio and the xdk.

There are free stealth servers, I just don't see the point in paying for gold to play black ops with a bunch of cheaters. I would be better of just playing online games on a more modern console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: