Homebrew How to get around boot.3dsx max file size?

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Today I learned that the boot.3dsx file that *hax loads can only be so big. Say I have an app that is larger than the max size (anything made with lpp3ds for example), how can I make it work? I'm thinking that a small app would get launched as boot.3dsx, and that app would just launch some other app, say "sd:/bootx.3dsx". Is this possible? I have very little knowledge with ctrulib, and lpp3ds apps are too big, so if someone can do this, I'd be very thankful.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I saw somewhere that *hax 2.5 was going to do something about this. I don't have a source as it was just something I noticed while glancing through a thread, and it could have been referring to something else entirely tbh.

BringusStudios

OP
Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
I think I saw somewhere that *hax 2.5 was going to do something about this. I don't have a source as it was just something I noticed while glancing through a thread, and it could have been referring to something else entirely tbh.
Well that's good. I have so many issues right now that ninjhax 2.5 is speculated to fix... hurry up smea

Reactions: Margen67

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Well that's good. I have so many issues right now that ninjhax 2.5 is speculated to fix... hurry up smea or else I will make a homebrew of a pig eating your head. got that attention whore?
Sorry, I had to.
On topic: Mashers's Emergency Launcher does something similar to what you are asking for, you should check it out.

Reactions: Margen67

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've just uploaded a new version, here it load all the .3dsx I tried. If it doesn't work be sure your app is still working under another hax (citra will not crash on all memory/pointers errors while the 3ds does) and that you're using themehax 1.2 at least.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol