Sanj3k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello guys,

finally I registered here :) I need your help! ;)

I play 3ds xl with a gateway 3ds card. Now I have the following problem: Gateway supports playing online and "all we need" is just to rename .3dz the rom and to change the ID so we dont get banned. BUT how do I do it with a rom like pokemon or animal crossing THESE roms save in the rom the savestate NOT on the big sd card which is in the 3ds.

Because I dont know if its right, but somewhere I read that by renaming the rom from .3ds to .3dz makes the save corrupt... And I wanted to ask if its possible at all to play animal crossing online because I dont find a lot of .3dz roms....

Because as I unterstood, it seems "pretty" easy just rename the rom to .3dz then change the ID with for example another online game so not to get banned and then I would need to insert my old save in case the save gets really corrupt by changing the rom. If it wouldnt get corrupt, would be even better :D

So 1. would it be possible to play animal crossing online with Gateway 3ds?
2. is there a way to play with my actual save online, I cant begin from start the game :(

Thans a lot for your help guys.

Sanj3k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the answer! So just with this routine as I mentioned, right? I will get a private header etc. and then with Gateway Rom Patcher :)

I thought I ve read that GW Team tries to do something with savegames and that this was one of their topics.

Edit: Thats what I meant or do they mean something completely different??

Our next focus will be revising the savegames subsystem. We think a lot of our savegame editing and retail gamecard users will be pleased with what we have planned!

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer! So just with this routine as I mentioned, right? I will get a private header etc. and then with Gateway Rom Patcher :)

I thought I ve read that GW Team tries to do something with savegames and that this was one of their topics.

Edit: Thats what I meant or do they mean something completely different??

Who knows. It can be interpreted in so many different ways. Fixing the 512kb issue, fixing 3ds to 3dz corruption, improving the file saves naming, save editing.

Sanj3k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The funny thing is it isnt my save/town but I will now also get a 3ds plus Gateway card and it will be pretty bad situation when I start playing etc but my girlfriend cant and she plays the game almost 4 months with me as a subcharacter. And we have collected/finished a lot of stuff so we need this save no chance of a new start :(

R4Chuck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
If you had been playing an online patched ROM from the beginning, this wouldn't even be a problem, right?

Sanj3k

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When we think back at the beggining of april there wasnt the online patch solution thats why I am struggeling with this situation

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
just wait it out, seemingly, when we can decrypt saves, you will be fine, as you can most probably re-encrypt it to a new cart id and go online.
but in the mean time... sorry, it's just one of those things you will have to accept.

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hacked games should never work online - it always turns the game to shit.
bert_dora_stare.jpg

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also have a retail cart played on a non gateway 3dsxl [firmware 7.1.0-14u] with an old animal crossing save.

total noob question:
obtaining a 4.5+gateway. I'm wondering since i would like to continue to use powersaves with my old save file is there no way to use powersaves with a gateway rom of animal crossing [i'm guessing the savegame encryption for emunand in gateway is different so this is probably no?]

Or if i could play my old save/original cart in the non-gateway un-updated vanilla 4.5 3dsxl [and then just turn on gateway when i want to play other roms/non cart games?] Or is switching back and forth not possible/possibly bad if I make a mistake?<----this way i could continue to use powersaves on my animal crossing cart...

or do i have to keep both consoles, one for powersaves/original cart/7.1.0 old savegame access, one for gateway functions/roms?

[basically is there a method to keep my old ACNL cart and powersaves functionality on a gateway 3dsxl/one console]...

sorry if this was overly long, and thanks in advance to any info! : )

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i also have a retail cart played on a non gateway 3dsxl [firmware 7.1.0-14u] with an old animal crossing save.

total noob question:
obtaining a 4.5+gateway. I'm wondering since i would like to continue to use powersaves with my old save file is there no way to use powersaves with a gateway rom of animal crossing [i'm guessing the savegame encryption for emunand in gateway is different so this is probably no?]

Or if i could play my old save/original cart in the non-gateway un-updated vanilla 4.5 3dsxl [and then just turn on gateway when i want to play other roms/non cart games?] Or is switching back and forth not possible/possibly bad if I make a mistake?<----this way i could continue to use powersaves on my animal crossing cart...

or do i have to keep both consoles, one for powersaves/original cart/7.1.0 old savegame access, one for gateway functions/roms?

[basically is there a method to keep my old ACNL cart and powersaves functionality on a gateway 3dsxl/one console]...

sorry if this was overly long, and thanks in advance to any info! : )
the animal crossing save will work fine on gateway, you can either dump the game and rename to .3dz, which will allow you to use the save with a rom, or you can just play the cart in classic mode

the only games that have save issues,are games that use 6.x save encryption

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the animal crossing save will work fine on gateway, you can either dump the game and rename to .3dz, which will allow you to use the save with a rom, or you can just play the cart in classic mode

the only games that have save issues,are games that use 6.x save encryption

I see, thanks!

jayetyler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but i loaded classic mode via the red cart in the gateway menu, and when in classic mode [it shows my emunand 8.1 screen btw... is that classic mode???] switched to animal crossing and nothing shows up.

conversely i tried booting into classic mode from the gateway menu with the acnl cart in [ignoring the red card, it sez not all features will be available without red, hit x to continue] and then it freezes.

my acnl cart of course shows up in sysnand 4.5 but... i thought gateway classic mode was something else? [safer, running in emunand?] or i'm just a total noob.

also since i would play my genuine cart online... does that mean i have to turn on wifi in 4.5 sysnand? sorry for the noobness.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte