Hacking How to get 64KB cluster size? I believe EMUNAND9 resetted the cluster size when I created emuNAND.

fr3quency

OP
Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone. When I bought my 64GB SDXC SDcard, I used a program to format it from exFAT to FAT32 so that the O3DS supports the SDcard. I had selected 64KB allocation size back then.
When I created my emuNAND using EMUNAND9 HomeBrewLauncher App, it formatted the whole SDcard so I guess the 64kb allocation size I had chosen is now gone and I guess it has the stock allocation size of the EMUNAND9 app(which I don't know how small/big it is; my guess is small).

So the question is, is there something that I can do to change it back to 64KB? I can backup my SDcard and make a NAND.bin backup of my emuNAND; these are not problems. The problem is the program that I'm going to use since it might delete the ~1GB reserved partition for the emuNAND(max size when I bought the card was 58,5GB, but now that I have created the emuNAND, the max size is 57,5GB; there is a reserved partition where emuNAND is located) and if I use EMUNAND9 again, it will change the default allocation size(which I want to be 64KB). Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just do a quick format from Windows and choose the desired cluster size there, it won't erase your Emunand partition.

fr3quency

OP
Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
You can just do a quick format from Windows and choose the desired cluster size there, it won't erase your Emunand partition.
Unfortunately the stock Windows stuff won't format it because it's an SDXC and the available options are either NTS or exFAT. I downloaded "MiniTool Partition Wizard" which actually let me view both my partition of emuNAND and the remaining size of the SDcard. So I will format the remaining size and hope it works. I have made a backup of the whole SDcard + emuNAND.bin backup.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah you can just format that one partition just dont format the space at the begging of the card and your emunand will be fine.
EmuNAND9 claims "Formats SD cards according to official recommendations for better performance & longer lifetime" so maybe you should just leave it the way it is?

Eskuero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately the stock Windows stuff won't format it because it's an SDXC and the available options are either NTS or exFAT. I downloaded "MiniTool Partition Wizard" which actually let me view both my partition of emuNAND and the remaining size of the SDcard. So I will format the remaining size and hope it works. I have made a backup of the whole SDcard + emuNAND.bin backup.
It will definetely work that way, just make sure you don't format the wrong partition and all will be okey.

fr3quency

OP
Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece
It worked. I used "EaseUS Partition Master 10.8" and selected the remaining space of my SDcard. You will see 2 partitions. One unallocated(which has the emuNAND inside) and your SDcard in which you have all the folders. Backup up your SDcard first. Hit format. Select cluster size. Copy your files into your sdcard again. Profit.

It seems kinda faster; the rxTools logo(23/1/16 build) vanished almost instantly and my games loaded faster than before. Thanks everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all