Tutorial  Updated

How to get 60 FPS in Dragon Quest XI S demo

Tutorial not more needed. You can get IPS patch here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dragon-quest-xi-s-demo-60-fps-mod.546705/

Because for know we can't unpack config files luckily it's possible to unlock 60 FPS by editing .pak file.
It works probably only with demo with titleid 010026800EA0A000

You need to unpack game with hactool, go to romfs\JackGame\Content\Paks, open with hex editor pakchunk0-Switch.pak.
Go to offset 0x0722F282 and change character "2" to "1".
Save and put it to sdcard folder

atmosphere\titles\010026800EA0A000\romfs\JackGame\Content\Paks
or
reinx\titles\010026800EA0A000\romfs\JackGame\Content\Paks

You need every juice that is possible, so go with
Code:
handheld_charging_official_cpu=1785
handheld_charging_official_gpu=921
handheld_charging_official_mem=1600

You can try to lower CPU, but 768 for GPU is not enough.

Last edited by masagrator,

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
it is possible for a high resolution mod or it needs the config file?
It needs config file.
If I understand correctly, devs used custom zlib compressor for smaller files that randomly cuts files and compress some of chunks, when rest is not compressed. Luckily enough part of line responsible for locking 30 FPS was not compressed.
Normally it's
Code:
nvn.SyncInterval=2
and in pak file it's
Code:
に1nvn.Interval=28サブ‚’最
And we are changing Interval=2 to Interval=1.
If you want just better resolution, you can use ReverseNX.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/reversenx-flag-your-console-as-handheld-or-docked.543625/
Here are screens comparing handheld and docked flag
https://gbatemp.net/threads/reverse...andheld-or-docked.543625/page-16#post-8765121

Edit: It looks like it uses custom Oodle, not zlib.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: Adr990

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
BOOOO

Does your fix make it more or less consistent 60FPS? Or somewhat close?

If yes, why would they lock it to 30FPS in the first place?
They probably wanted to game look more pretty than smooth. Handheld mode is not that great in terms of graphics. So with 60 FPS it would be even worse.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/reverse...andheld-or-docked.543625/page-16#post-8765121

My tests were not too long. I think it's more consistent if you use 921 MHz. With 768 MHz it constantly jumps between 30 and 60, so game looks choppy. If I would get configs, I would go with disabling syncinterval so we have FPS between 30 and 60 instead of 30 or 60.

Humanity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They probably wanted to game look more pretty than smooth. Handheld mode is not that great in terms of graphics. So with 60 FPS it would be even worse.

My tests were not too long. I think it's more consistent if you use 921 MHz. With 768 MHz it constantly jumps between 30 and 60, so game looks choppy. If I would get configs, I would go with disabling syncinterval so we have FPS between 30 and 60 instead of 30 or 60.
I dislike modern game publishing mindsets, the bosses force the developers to push more intense looking visuals instead of 60FPS gameplay.

Or at least, that is what I am guessing is usually the case. Maybe devs are actually guilty, I doubt it but maybe sometimes that is the case.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Completely unnecessary mod. Games look more cinematic at 30 FPS anyway.
You are so stupid, you should not be on GBAtemp.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I dislike modern game publishing mindsets, the bosses force the developers to push more intense looking visuals instead of 60FPS gameplay.

Or at least, that is what I am guessing is usually the case. Maybe devs are actually guilty, I doubt it but maybe sometimes that is the case.

You are so stupid, you should not be on GBAtemp.

this game ain't action heavy , it's turn based, their choice kinda make sense.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cinema maybe but anything else nah.
Cinema has that in mind at times with filming, but damn
sometimes I go from my 120hz moniter to watching an anime and I just need to take a minute to before watching the show because it messes with my eyes
Also do you set your moniter to 30 fps to play games ever? I had a friend who did it but I think it was because his computer was slow so he set it to interlaced 30

Last edited by Mythical,

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Its only 30 fps on ps4 as well.

Not without the carefully placed motion blur and other effects used to make 24fps tolerable, movies are also not interactive. Anyway, if you dont want 60 fps just dont install anything.

Last edited by kevin corms,
Reactions: DSoryu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu