Tutorial  Updated

How to get 60 FPS in Dragon Quest XI S demo

Tutorial not more needed. You can get IPS patch here
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dragon-quest-xi-s-demo-60-fps-mod.546705/

Because for know we can't unpack config files luckily it's possible to unlock 60 FPS by editing .pak file.
It works probably only with demo with titleid 010026800EA0A000

You need to unpack game with hactool, go to romfs\JackGame\Content\Paks, open with hex editor pakchunk0-Switch.pak.
Go to offset 0x0722F282 and change character "2" to "1".
Save and put it to sdcard folder

atmosphere\titles\010026800EA0A000\romfs\JackGame\Content\Paks
or
reinx\titles\010026800EA0A000\romfs\JackGame\Content\Paks

You need every juice that is possible, so go with
Code:
handheld_charging_official_cpu=1785
handheld_charging_official_gpu=921
handheld_charging_official_mem=1600

You can try to lower CPU, but 768 for GPU is not enough.

Last edited by masagrator,

Bonehead

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This mod will ruin the visionary style this game was designed with in mind. Please respect the creative endeavors of the masterminds behind such a wonderful game. Show respect for the developers and try not to be so entitled in the future, everyone.

Last edited by Bonehead,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This mod will ruin the visionary style this game was designed with in mind. Please respect the creative endeavors of the masterminds behind such a wonderful game. Show respect for the developers and try not to be so entitled in the future, everyone.

No, I will mod the hell out of this game because I fucking can and want, if you don't like it then don't do it and move on, let others be with their own business.

Back on topic, I have tested this and it looks so much better now (Though I rather be playing this on PC), thank you so much!

Reactions: Zeryac

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DSoryu

masagrator

The patches guy
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have you played DQ XI on PS4 and DQ XI S (so only Switch) and dare to compare that 30 FPS with this 30 FPS? Do you really think FPS is only the thing in "cinematic feeling", so lacks of proper motion blur, SSAO, SSR, Bloom, etc. doesn't matter?
Graphics settings in this port are not made for 30 FPS. Try to play DQ XI on PS4 and maybe try to understand how that port feels smoother than Switch port, when both are 30 FPS.

Noone - I repeat - noone forces you to use it. You don't want it, then get on with your life instead of making half-rate Crusade.

This is the beauty of mods - noone whines that nude mods ruins game, because this is only your choice to use it.

Last edited by masagrator,
Reactions: thaikhoa and tabzer

Bonehead

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you played DQ XI on PS4 and DQ XI S (so only Switch) and dare to compare that 30 FPS with this 30 FPS? Do you really think FPS is only the thing in "cinematic feeling", so lacks of proper motion blur, SSAO, SSR, Bloom, etc. doesn't matter?
Graphics settings in this port are not made for 30 FPS. Try to play DQ XI on PS4 and maybe try to understand how that port feels smoother than Switch port, when both are 30 FPS.

Noone - I repeat - noone forces you to use it. You don't want it, then get on with your life instead of making half-rate Crusade.

This is the beauty of mods - noone whines that nude mods ruins game, because this is only your choice to use it.

Nude mods ruin games too.

r5xscn

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From my understanding, it's a site where a furry posts in every thread and people like to defile the creative endeavors of people far more skilled than they are.

Wow, I am not sure if you are trolling or not. No one here is forcing their opinion on you, so stop pushing your opinion on others. Its only about preferences on a game style. Stop spreading cancer here. Where are the mods...

Back on the topic, while 60 fps is better than 30 fps (IMO, again I don't want to get involved with 30fps is "more cinematic" cult discussion), is there any report of switch breaking down when overclocked (running the GPU at over 900 MHz)?

Not sure if this worth the decreased hardware lifespan.

Reactions: thaikhoa

A3660537JPN

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wow, I am not sure if you are trolling or not. No one here is forcing their opinion on you, so stop pushing your opinion on others. Its only about preferences on a game style. Stop spreading cancer here. Where are the mods...

Back on the topic, while 60 fps is better than 30 fps (IMO, again I don't want to get involved with 30fps is "more cinematic" cult discussion), is there any report of switch breaking down when overclocked (running the GPU at over 900 MHz)?

Not sure if this worth the decreased hardware lifespan.
NO.No overclocking breaks down switch because fans of switch is strong enough.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game has a hard time hitting 60fps on a ps4pro, it probably looks like a ps1 game running at 60 on the switch

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright bonehead, it already supports up to 120 fps on pc but go on. There is absolutely no advantage of this game running at 30 fps other than it cant hold 60 easily on console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this game has a hard time hitting 60fps on a ps4pro, it probably looks like a ps1 game running at 60 on the switch
It wont run anything higher than 30 fps on pro, maybe someone will modify the game so you can, but it hasnt happened yet.

Reactions: tabzer

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright bonehead, it already supports up to 120 fps on pc but go on. There is absolutely no advantage of this game running at 30 fps other than it cant hold 60 easily on console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It wont run anything higher than 30 fps on pro, maybe someone will modify the game so you can, but it hasnt happened yet.

i had the XFX-GTS Black 8gb RX580 super overclockable gpu and at its highest settings, DQ11 was using almost all of its power to run it barely above 60fps/1080p. Its because of all the grass.

Reactions: m0rt

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can barely tell the difference between 30 and 60 fps. I can tell the resolution is unfortunately low in this game.

Reactions: MYFW

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The resolution is exactly the same as handheld mode when running this 60fps mod on docked mode with handheld.flag. I prefer double frame rate than a little bit higher on resolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...