How to generate XORpads for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Dark the Eagle, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Dark the Eagle
    OP

Dark the Eagle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    I've looked all over for my specific problem, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I want to use the FE: Fates fan translation, but the patcher needs XORpads. That would be fine if when I used my dump with the 3DS Simple CIA Converter, it didn't give me only 2 of the 4 XORpads I need. I'm missing "main.romfs" and "main.exefs_7x". I know it'd be illegal to give any sort of download link, but could someone tell me how to extract them myself? I've also tried using the ncchinfo.gen script with Python 2.7, and it didn't generate anything.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Use Decrypt9 to convert it to a CIA instead.

3. Dark the Eagle
    OP

Dark the Eagle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    I would convert it to CIA, but the patcher doesn't work with it. This is what the patcher looks like:

fepatcher.png

4. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    What are you trying to do?

5. Dark the Eagle
    OP

Dark the Eagle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    I'm trying to get the Fire Emblem Fates Fan Translation Patch up and running. I need 4 xorpads, the ones that have "Main.exheader", "Main.romfs", "Main.exefs_norm", and "Main.exefs_7x" in their names I have "Main.exheader" and "Main.exefs_norm" generating properly, but the other two won't generate at all.

6. Dark the Eagle
    OP

Dark the Eagle Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    United States
    I suppose to try and explain a bit better, the ncchinfo.bin that gets generated with my .3ds file only contains parameters for creation of 2 of the 4 xorpad files. Mind you, I ripped the .3ds file DIRECTLY from my own game cart using Decrypt9WIP, then used 3DS Simple CIA Converter to obtain the ncchinfo.bin. I've tried using the ncchinfo_gen.py to create the .bin, but it fails to create the .bin file. I've also tried Hourglass9 to rip the game with the same result.

Last edited by Dark the Eagle, Jan 15, 2017
  7. yungjoestar

yungjoestar Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2017
    United States
    I have the same problem tbh.