ROM Hack How to gain access to eShop on New 3DS XL 9.5.0-22E

ihatethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I just got my 3DS, all excited to get MH Gens, to find the pleasent surprise that its basically useless because of my region and I have to wait for a physical copy, which I intend not to if there is a way.
So can I ask just for a simple direction to what to do, without needing an exploit game(cubic ninja) or the youtube app, just a pc, so I can play MHGens(if hopefully there is a way at all)?
Also if it is possible to hack it and change its region so I get access to the eShop, will I be able to buy the game?

Last edited by ihatethis,

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello, I just got my 3DS, all excited to get MH Gens, to find the pleasent surprise that its basically useless because of my region and I have to wait for a physical copy, which I intend not to if there is a way.
So can I ask just for a simple direction to what to do, without needing an exploit game(cubic ninja) or the youtube app, just a pc, so I can play MHGens(if hopefully there is a way at all)?
Also if it is possible to hack it and change its region so I get access to the eShop, will I be able to buy the game?
Just put the contents of the starter folder in the starter.zip to your SD root, scan the browserhax QR-Code with your 3DS camera, start httpWN and you can visit the eshop without updating. But because your eshop is old af, you need to spam the A button permanently when you enter it, because the title page crashes the 3DS, so you have to leave it ASAP. Them you can click on the icon in the top left corner and search for the game.

ihatethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks man! But when I tried installing httpWN from the homebrew launcher it says it needs fw >= 9.6 :wink: There is an Access eShop entry in the Homebrew Launcher, but when I select it it just show "read the info on the below screen" where it reads "you must agree with nintendo rules or something, press home button to go to home menu". At this point just the power button works.. Any ideas?

ihatethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey cooroxd, thanks for the reply, but since I`m new to this, I have some questions if you dont mind clearing up :)

If I follow this guide is there going to be a problem, since I ran browserhax and menuhax and already have HBL?
If I downgrade to 9.2 and install this CFW, how would I go about getting and playing Monster Hunter Generations, I guess I will be able to download ripped games or game images?
If I will be able to download the games for free, will there be a problem with online multiplayer?
Will I have access to eShop?
Dont most new or other games have minimum firmware version requirements?

Please excuse my terminology, I`m pretty sure Im using it wrong.

Last edited by ihatethis,

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey cooroxd, thanks for the reply, but since I`m new to this, I have some questions if you dont mind clearing up :)

If I follow this guide is there going to be a problem, since I ran browserhax and menuhax and already have HBL?
If I downgrade to 9.2 and install this CFW, how would I go about getting and playing Monster Hunter Generations, I guess I will be able to download ripped games or game images?
If I will be able to download the games for free, will there be a problem with online multiplayer?
Will I have access to eShop?
Dont most new or other games have minimum firmware version requirements?

Please excuse my terminology, I`m pretty sure Im using it wrong.

1) Nope, there's no problem w/ browserhax, the guide even says so
2)You can either find the "cia" file and copy paste it into your sd card or you can find the app "freeshop" which is free version of eshop and get it from there.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-freeshop-open-source-eshop-clone.426573/page-97#post-6510216
3)Yes for everything, multi will work and you can update your firmware since your 3ds will be Jailbroken/hacked
4)Yes, eshop works as it should
5) after following plailects guide perfectly to last letter, you can update your firmware

Reactions: ihatethis

ihatethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I`m going to give it a try tonight, but I have some final questions based on the guide, just to be sure.

1. I can skip step 1 of the guide since I have HBL, and I can launch into it by holding L while launching, or it has to be D-Pad down as in the guide?
2. I guess now is the time to put in a bigger sd card(16gb), but how do I prepare it for the 3DS? Do I have to put it in the 3DS format it, and install HBL again, or just transfer all the files to the empty card?

This is for now, thank you very much!
I must admit, when I was in highschool and got into hacking my PSP it seemed way simpler, and now I`m even working as a programmer, this stuff looks intimidating :D Hope I dont wreck it!

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay, I`m going to give it a try tonight, but I have some final questions based on the guide, just to be sure.

1. I can skip step 1 of the guide since I have HBL, and I can launch into it by holding L while launching, or it has to be D-Pad down as in the guide?
2. I guess now is the time to put in a bigger sd card(16gb), but how do I prepare it for the 3DS? Do I have to put it in the 3DS format it, and install HBL again, or just transfer all the files to the empty card?

This is for now, thank you very much!
I must admit, when I was in highschool and got into hacking my PSP it seemed way simpler, and now I`m even working as a programmer, this stuff looks intimidating :D Hope I dont wreck it!

1. Yes but best change the trigger button to D-Pad down to make it easier for yourself. Use the homebrew launcher -> menuhax manager
2. I suggest a minumum of 16GB, but 32GB is the best option for a beginner. Just format it to FAT32 and copy + paste everything from the smaller to the larger SD card.

ihatethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, so everything fine until the downgrade. While downgrading, after the integrity check, the nintendo "error occured" screen appeared and I shat it down. Now I can boot without the SD card(it shows 9.2 in settings). But am unable to load into HBL. What can I do? Thanks

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so everything fine until the downgrade. While downgrading, after the integrity check, the nintendo "error occured" screen appeared and I shat it down. Now I can boot without the SD card(it shows 9.2 in settings). But am unable to load into HBL. What can I do? Thanks
open the downgrade tool again and run it

You have a partial downgrade, I had the same thing happen to me

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Well in 9.5 the options will be:
1.- Downgade to 9.2 and make and use CFW. (Making an EmuNand or installing Arm9LoaderHax will work I think)
2.- Install lastst NVER according to your console model and region and then boot eShop from Homebrew Launcher. (Even so I think this game don"t work in 9.5, I"m not sure if it works in 9.6 but it works in 10.x at least)
3.- Update to a Firmware between 9.6-10.5 using the updates for that version for your same console model and region (and in here use ctr-httpwn from Homebrew Launcher).
But you already downgrade to 9.2 so you should continue to install the Homebrew Launcher, and use and EmuNand or install Arm9LoaderHax according what of that two you want to use.

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bear in mind you don't necessarily have to follow the guide all the way to the end. Once you have your emunand set up and autobooting from menuhax you can stop there. I would suggest following to the end though because the benefits are worth it. A9lh makes everything much safer in the end, and it's far more convenient. But if the installation scares you don't worry, it's not a requirement.

ihatethis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my, it was a good 10hours, every step done, MHGens is installing from FBI, hope it runs. Im going to get some sleep and man am I gonna be a zombie at work, in a bit. HUGE THANK YOU guys, youre awesome! :wub:

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my, it was a good 10hours, every step done, MHGens is installing from FBI, hope it runs. Im going to get some sleep and man am I gonna be a zombie at work, in a bit. HUGE THANK YOU guys, youre awesome! :wub:

Yup, that's about right, i took me a good 6 hours first time. Welcome to the a9lh masterrace!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: