Hacking How to format user data after Luma3D + A9LHAX mod?

pabviana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, I've done Plailect Guide (https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki) to mod (Luma3D + A9LHAX) a N3DS I just bought from a friend, but I forgot to erase the player data before doing all this process. How should I do it know? Can I format the 3DS through the option menu? If so, will it also erase my homebrew and homebrew apps that I've installed? Or is there a homebrew app to do that?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Actually performing system format doesn't wipe the card clean, just cleans up the nintendo 3ds folder. Everything else will remain there.
Are you sure?
11j82kn.jpg

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so the photos you took with the 3ds, and the save data and downloaded software. I performed formats with the system and the a9lh was uneffected. All the other files were still on there. It only deletes the stuff the 3ds can recognize and use commonly. :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so the photos you took with the 3ds, and the save data and downloaded software. I performed formats with the system and the a9lh was uneffected. All the other files were still on there. It only deletes the stuff the 3ds can recognize and use commonly. :P
Ah well you learn something new everyday!

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah well you learn something new everyday!
"This will delete all downloaded software and save data. Software saved to an sd card will no longer be usable. (Some data such as photos saved to the sd card will not be deleted.)

Only installed stuff like the CIA games, and the save data for them, also the Photos taken with 3DS camera, stored on the system (not on the sd card) Will be deleted. :P

Every other file will remain on the system cause the 3DS is only limited to those files inside the 3DS folder. It has no knowledge of how to handle them without hax which is unoffical. :P

pabviana

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Plailect replied me.

We can use the 3DS format option it will uninstall all the installed software and user data.
The files on the SD will remain there but won't be installed, so I had to reinstall all the apps.
First, I had to get back the FBI via H&S inject and then I got all the other apps via CIA install.

Problem solved! Thanks everyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr