Hacking How to format micro sd card for M3 simply ?

its-my-right

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello all, I wanted to know: how do you format your micro sd card in order to it to start perfect with no slowdowns with the m3 simply ?
First; do you use the given card reader ? is it "dangerous" ?
then, do you use windows system to format by right click on the disk ?
and finally, I wanted to know: what is the best solution to have all the games working, with no slowdowns: FAT, FAT16, FAT32 ? thanks a lot !

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the people that's always used m3's in the past, I believe the simply follows the same rules. FAT32 is fine but runs into speed issues, and FAT16 in largest cluster size possible helps with performance (hence the 64k cluster size). Your worries for the included card reader holds water, I've reviewed mine and to tell you the truth (as I'm very aware of manufacturin in China), this piece must cost no more than 30-50 cents to make. It is very shoddy in quality. And easily if a solder point is wrong, the thing can die quickly and overheat (as another person has reported already). You'd be better off getting a quality card reader and use the SD card adapter included with your microSD card. Check here to help with your formating:

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Media_Card

"How to I format my card with a higher cluster size?

Go to: Start -> Run -> diskmgmt.msc

Select your SD card and right-click "Format"

* Volume Label: Whatever you like
* File System: FAT
* Allocation unit size: 64k

FAT32 Always select the highest cluster size your card can handle (1GB=8192; 2GB=16k; 4GB=32k).

FAT16 Always select the highest cluster size your card can handle (1GB=64k; 2GB=64k; 4GB=64k).

If a specific cluster size breaks Fast Open or Real Time Save in GBA mode, experiment with different cluster sizes to find one that works for you. "

If you want to do it by command line, bring u the prompt and hit format /? and see all the options in formatting to set a 64k cluster size.

its-my-right

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot, maybe I will receive my M3 tomorrow or monday...I worried about the quality of the usb reader because I heard on this forum that it was bad quality, and that it could becom too warm, as you just told me.but I dont think it can "burn" or "burst" ^^ my micro sd card within a few second (the time of the transfert of files) but I will pay attention, and if y see a problem, I will buy a real usb reader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs