How to format GameCube Memory Card on Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Skraaj, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Skraaj
    OP

Skraaj Member

Newcomer
    Nov 1, 2011
    Poland
    Hi, I need some help if anyone would be kind enough. I recently got GC gamepad and Memory Card for my Wii but Mem Card seems to be damaged(?). TLoZ:Wind Waker says "The device inserted in Slot A is not a Memory Card. Please insert a functional Memory Card in Slot A." and Wii under 'Data Management' says "The device inserted in Slot A cannot be used." http://www.dealextreme.com/p/128mb-g...-with-wii-4417 This is the card I bought, one of the comments says "Had to format it twice for it to work after i completely cut the power on the Wii". And here is my question - how do I format the card? There's nothing in the 'Data Management' menu, I've cut the power to Wii but still nothing. I also looked for some homebrew, still no luck - only backup/restore hb. I know that NGC has the option to format Mem Card, but I have no access to Gamecube. Can anyone help?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice