Hacking How to format emunand/nand and keep installed titles

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because formatting makes a new folder in /Nintendo 3ds/ which is part of the initial setup. you can always just keep a backup of emunand before you format, and restore it later though.

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because formatting makes a new folder in /Nintendo 3ds/ which is part of the initial setup. you can always just keep a backup of emunand before you format, and restore it later though.

Thanks for the reply. Just as I thought. I can't use updated sysnand mode then because I have two emunand that both stem from same emunand, if I make one of my emunands my nand then the other emunand gets the gift bug...

anyway around this? If I could format the emunand and restore the titles then I wouldnt loose any installed titles.

Last edited by democracy,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. Just as I thought. I can't use updated sysnand mode then because I have two emunand that both stem from same emunand, if I make one of my emunands my nand then the other emunand gets the gift bug...

That why they say to clone your sysnand to your emunand so they are seperate.

But if both your emunand and your Nand there is a solution.

Format SYSNAND with sd card removed.
It will lose its titles but your EMUnand will still have them.

Then if you want Sysnand to have your emunand. Backup both CTRSysnand and CTREmunand
Then restor Sysnand backup to emunand and Emunand backup to sysnand

Last edited by izy,

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it possible?
Yes, just extract seed.bin and movable.seed from the NAND with your CIAs and inject them after a format, you need to backup your Nintendo 3DS Folder before the format, after format, start your emuNAND and shut it off, then inject your seed.bin and movable.seed on emuNAND, and start again your emuNAND, after the initial start up settings, games will be there as if they were pre-installed :D (I'm not saying that they will work as a pre-installed game or that they will be attatched to your Console/NNID, just those game will be there like a brand new console with pre-installed games ;)) Have fun¡

Reactions: democracy

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just extract seed.bin and movable.seed from the NAND with your CIAs and inject them after a format, you need to backup your Nintendo 3DS Folder before the format, after format, start your emuNAND and shut it off, then inject your seed.bin and movable.seed on emuNAND, and start again your emuNAND, after the initial start up settings, games will be there as if they were pre-installed :D (I'm not saying that they will work as a pre-installed game or that they will be attatched to your Console/NNID, just those game will be there like a brand new console with pre-installed games ;)) Have fun¡

Wow, really? have you tried this? Does this work? I think I kind of understand your disclaimer; "I'm not saying that they will work as a pre-installed game or that they will be attatched to your Console/NNID"

Are your saying the games will work but I won't have online capability for those games?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
His problem us his Nand and Emunand are the exact same. Updated sysnand mode is A9LH.
If he restore the seed.bin and movable.seed he will revert back to his original problem lol as it relinks to the old folders

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow, really? have you tried this? Does this work?
Yeah¡ I've done this from a long time too many times haha, I tought that it was a knowledge thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

His problem us his Nand and Emunand are the exact same. Updated sysnand mode is A9LH.
If he restore the seed.bin and movable.seed he will revert back to his original problem lol as it relinks to the old folders
Oh, miss this part, so exactly what he wants is¿ Maybe I can help

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So now way to pull this off, eh?

Okay, well, what about this then;
1) can I merge the ticket.db and movable seed bin from one emunand into the other because both emunands stem from the same emunand
2) If yes to above, can i still do this if the end result is over the max limit of installed titles?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So now way to pull this off, eh?

Okay, well, what about this then;
1) can I merge the ticket.db and movable seed bin from card into the other
2) If yes to above, can i still do this if the end result is over the max limit of 300 installed titles?

Only way to do No2 is to Format/reset 3DS in Sysnand settings with SD card removed.
That means it will unlink the nands. Your Sysnand will lose its games list but your emunand will keep its list.

If you wanted to keep your gameslist on Sysnand but lose it on emunand you would have to swap nands (theres tutorials on it)

1) yes you can Merge it to another card

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
From what I understand... You have an Updated Sysnand, and two emuNAND created from the same NAND, And you want to make one of those your sysNAND¿ You can backup on of those emuNAND, format it and do it your sysNAND, the just replace the formatted emuNAND with the backup, am I right¿

Only way to do No2 is to Format/reset 3DS in Sysnand settings with SD card removed.
That means it will unlink the nands. Your Sysnand will lose its games list but your emunand will keep its list.

If you wanted to keep your gameslist on Sysnand but lose it on emunand you would have to swap nands (theres tutorials on it)

1) yes you can Merge it to another card
From what I know, there is no way to merge ticket.db, not even Nintendo 3DS Folders on different SDCards

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I understand... You have an Updated Sysnand, and two emuNAND created from the same NAND, And you want to make one of those your sysNAND¿ You can backup on of those emuNAND, format it and do it your sysNAND, the just replace the formatted emuNAND with the backup, am I right¿
Yes, I want to go updated sysnand; make one of my two emunand my sysnand and not lose any installed titles. I dont think I am able to do this without creating a gift bug on emunand, which is something I dont want

MAXLEMPIRA

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, I want to go updated sysnand; make one of my two emunand my sysnand and not lose any installed titles.
Oh¡ keeping your installed games on your sysNAND¿ let me think...

Hmmn... Apparently it's not possible like that... To get those games recognized by a NAND, you need the movable.seed, wich will "link" your NANDs and show the unwrapped bug, and to show the games on N3DS Folder you need the ticket.db with the tickets of those games... And another folder called "dbs" contained on N3DS Folder too... So, maybe you can try to extract seed.bin from emuNAND, and the 3 Folders under your second randomnumber Folder, then format emuNAND, het to home menu and inject ticket.db, then copy those 3 folders to the same place on your new N3DS folder... I don' t think it will work, but you can try, and I hope that you understand this...

Last edited by MAXLEMPIRA,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I want to go updated sysnand; make one of my two emunand my sysnand and not lose any installed titles.

First you Have to Unlink Nands.
Go to sysnand and remove SD card and Format System.
You will Lose Sysnands game List
Emunands Game List will still be there

Follow this Guide and Swap Sysnand And Emunand

@mashers I feel like this is the really complicated way to do it.... here's the simple way

• boot Decrypt9 however you want, even directly from a9lh if you're using the latest release
  • Go to emuNAND options and dump CTRNAND
  • Go to sysNAND options and dump CTRNAND (make sure not to overwrite the emuNAND CTRNAND)
  • flash the emuNAND CTRNAND into sysNAND
  • flash the sysNAND CTRNAND into emuNAND
  • ???
  • Profit

Your Sysnand will now have the game list, your emunand will be free to install games to

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way I think I can do this is if I am able to batch hex edit change the Nintendo 3ds ID folder number for all of my installed titles? does that make sense?

First you Have to Unlink Nands.
Go to sysnand and remove SD card and Format System.
You will Lose Sysnands game List
Emunands Game List will still be there

Follow this Guide and Swap Sysnand And Emunand

Yes, but me emunand will be empty and if I try to restore emunand with other emunand, synand and emunand will be linked again

Your Sysnand will now have the game list, your emunand will be free to install games to

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way I think I can do this is if I am able to batch hex edit change the Nintendo 3ds ID folder number for all of my installed titles? does that make sense?

? wut
If you do what i said about unlinking Nands (formatting Sysnand in settings with SD removed)
then sysnand will creates a new 3DS ID folder for all the new titles you install.

Then swapping Emunand and Sysnand means Sysnand will use folder with all the games installed and Emunand will use the NEW blank folder

democracy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
? wut
If you do what i said about unlinking Nands (formatting Sysnand in settings with SD removed)
then sysnand will creates a new 3DS ID folder for all the new titles you install.

Then swapping Emunand and Sysnand means Sysnand will use folder with all the games installed and Emunand will use the NEW blank folder

okay; i have;
Emunand1 card: titles installed
Emunand2 card: different titles installed
both emunand 1 & 2 have the same Nintendo 3ds ID folder but have different titles installed and consequently different data within data management.

I want to make Emunand1 my sysnand and still be able to use emunand2 without gift bug.

You say to format Emunand1/Sysnand which will create a new ID folder, how do I restore my previously installed title from emunand1 to sysnand under the new id folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey