Hacking How to force 16:9 on SSBB?

BejittoSSJ5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to run Brawl at a 16:9 ratio and even when I force it to use the 16:9 ratio, it stays in the boxed 4:3 mode. (USB Loader GX) I can even run Melee on Nintendont with a forced widescreen ratio and it works then and looks amazing. So why can't I get Brawl to work at a widescreen ratio?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I would like to run Brawl at a 16:9 ratio and even when I force it to use the 16:9 ratio, it stays in the boxed 4:3 mode. (USB Loader GX) I can even run Melee on Nintendont with a forced widescreen ratio and it works then and looks amazing. So why can't I get Brawl to work at a widescreen ratio?

Melee has graphical glitches in 16:9,but I assume you applied the 16:9 aspect code fix to fix boundaries.
Brawl should work, just ensure USB Loader GX has the global setting to 16:9 and it will do the rest for you.

Also, Brawl is naturally 16:9
The in-Game settings need to be set to 16:9

BejittoSSJ5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee has graphical glitches in 16:9,but I assume you applied the 16:9 aspect code fix to fix boundaries.
Brawl should work, just ensure USB Loader GX has the global setting to 16:9 and it will do the rest for you.

Also, Brawl is naturally 16:9
The in-Game settings need to be set to 16:9

Sadly I didn't mean the code fix, I meant that no matter how I load the game it stays in a boxed 4:3 aspect ratio. :( (even when I select 16:9 in-game)

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The TV is set to 16:9, considering it can run in vWii in a 16:9 ratio. (even in Melee with a forced widescreen ratio)

Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the WiiU section, as I got here from the recent posts list on the front page.

The vWii could be part of the problem, it handles whether to use widescreen kinda weirdly, based on the id of the launcher. Can you play any actual Wii games (not just Nintendont) in widescreen?

BejittoSSJ5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I didn't realize this was in the WiiU section, as I got here from the recent posts list on the front page.

The vWii could be part of the problem, it handles whether to use widescreen kinda weirdly, based on the id of the launcher. Can you play any actual Wii games (not just Nintendont) in widescreen?
Hmm, apparently only Nintendont and the Wii Menu worked on widescreen. :(

EDIT : HBC has a bug which renders everything at a 4:3 ratio, so it's fixed now. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)