Hardware How to fix ver. 11.3.0-4u on old 3ds xl?

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So about a year ago I STUPIDLY watched a youtube video to get cfw. Something failed while doing the process and I have been using games to try and save my 3ds (update it). I got a new 3ds and successfully hacked it but I want to fix my old one. If anyone can help it would be incredible!

Last edited by Vannacut,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So about a year ago I STUPIDLY watched a youtube video to get cfw. Something failed while doing the process and I have been using games to try and save my 3ds (update it). I got a new 3ds and successfully hacked it but I want to fix my old one. If anyone can help it would be incredible!
first of all never use video guides they get outdated very quickly and we need more info on whats wrong with the old console does it show a blue light when powering on then just shuts off or?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have backup of your original Nand? U could also try a CTR-Transfer , transfer to a specific firmware like 9.2.0-20U and then manual update to the latest if you are still on CFW.

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have backup of your original Nand? U could also try a CTR-Transfer , transfer to a specific firmware like 9.2.0-20U and then manual update to the latest if you are still on CFW.
I dont think I have cfw.. maybe I do since I was going threw that download thing. What if i dont have mu nand?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think I have cfw.. maybe I do since I was going threw that download thing. What if i dont have mu nand?

If you have access to CFW, you can basically CTR Transfer to another firmware, using Decryptwip9 or godmode 9, what you have is a broken firmware, 11.3.0-4U. Hold start when powering on the 3ds, what you got?

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have access to CFW, you can basically CTR Transfer to another firmware, using Decryptwip9 or godmode 9, what you have is a broken firmware, 11.3.0-4U. Hold start when powering on the 3ds, what you got?
Just a normal 3ds without any apps from eshop

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just a normal 3ds without any apps from eshop
hold on

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yeah normal home screen without any apps from eshop

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you did the A9LH downgrade to 2.1.0-4U to get your OTP back in the day, and you didn't do a CTR transfer to 9.2.0-20U, after installing/not installing A9LH. So basically now the system is now a paperweight unless you can get into recovery mode to update to 11.6.0-39U.

If holding L+R+A+Up(Dpad) doesn't get you into recovery mode, don't think you can update to 11.6.0-39U.

Vannacut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you did the A9LH downgrade to 2.1.0-4U to get your OTP back in the day, and you didn't do a CTR transfer to 9.2.0-20U, after installing/not installing A9LH. So basically now the system is now a paperweight unless you can get into recovery mode to update to 11.6.0-39U.

If holding L+R+A+Up(Dpad) doesn't get you into recovery mode, don't think you can update to 11.6.0-39U.
Fuck. Wouldnt update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninja in chat