ROM Hack How to fix the duplicate vilager houses in AC:NL!

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 792
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
Anybody that has used the ram editor, save editor, or even leaftools will know what I'm talking about.
Ever tried to change a villager or move their houses and it will copy the house and the 2nd one wont be on the map? Well, follow these steps right now, this happened to me once and it broke the map. No, seriously, it was inoperable. This can happen and if you don't try to fix it, you might have to kiss your game/town a goodbye.
Now, let's get to the instructions.

1: Get the offline save editor.
2: Open it and drag and drop the folder containing your garden.dat file.
3:Click on the villagers tab and erase ALL villagers names and catch phrases.
DON'T CLICK SAVE YET!!!!!! There is still more you need to do!!! if you don't do these, it will crash your game.
4: Go to the buildings tab and change all villagers house to be "(empty)", this is so the map wont crash the game.
5: Make sure you also change the coordinates to 0.
Now, do all needed changes that YOU want to do. Like, removing weeds, seashells, etc.
Then restore your save with savedatafiler, or if your using homebrew, use save manager.
This just fixed mine and I thought I'd share it with y'all.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did this without knowing lol it was a happy mistake, I made Pierce disappear, everyone acknowledges him but he was nowhere to be found, neither his house lol, now I know what to do and my happy accident is the answer.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free