How to fix switch 2002-4686 with no back up nand

deawilliams96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes start with fresh sd card , only insert boot.bin for sx pro ... this problem happen because i accidentally paste txt files to sxos/user partition folder with sx installer , then sx installer crash.. i think the user partition corrupt...

Reactions: Alexander1970

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes start with fresh sd card , only insert boot.bin for sx pro ... this problem happen because i accidentally paste txt files to sxos/user partition folder with sx installer , then sx installer crash.. i think the user partition corrupt...

i d backup any saves with either checkpoint or JS and reset to factory defaults in the sxos emunand or delete it and recreate the emunand

also if u do, if u want exfat i would create emunand in a hidden partition instead of SD Files to avoid corruption

and would recommend switch to FAT32

Last edited by pcwizard7,

deawilliams96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i d backup any saves with either checkpoint or JS and reset to factory defaults in the sxos emunand or delete it and recreate the emunand

also if u do, if u want exfat i would create emunand in a hidden partition instead of SD Files to avoid corruption

and would recommend switch to FAT32
thank you , do u know how to use gptrestore ? in very noob that cause this problem... thanks in advance

Reactions: Alexander1970

deawilliams96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks , do u have link for tutorial reset to factory with emunand ?

What i did already is :
- original recovery restore failed
- backup with emunand , restore with emunand failed
- create virtual emunand and enable it still failed.

maybe i will try those step again with fat32 format , will let u know later

thanks again

deawilliams96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i used hecdiskmount , try to mount USER , its asking to format the disk.. is it okay to format ? haha... i will try data recovery tools first..

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i used hecdiskmount , try to mount USER , its asking to format the disk.. is it okay to format ? haha... i will try data recovery tools first..

Harddiskmount, hope your not mounting the switch physical disk as that's the sysnand not emunand

you ignore that and i would avoid just deleting files manually because i did that once and i was soon banned i can't say it was because of that but I would avoid that

to reset it officially hold vol - and + during boot (once you see the switch logo) and its a menu option (recovery mode)

if this doesn't work then ur screw and you have to delete and start from scratch

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well my switch is already banned.. reset officially also failed...

if i delete/format the eMMC , can i still make this switch works?

just to be clear when you say eMMC you mean the built in memory inside the switch and not the sd card.

if so how are you booting the device

- just power the device with no payload
- using hekate cfw sysnand
- using hekate stock

deawilliams96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just to be clear when you say eMMC you mean the built in memory inside the switch and not the sd card.

if so how are you booting the device

- just power the device with no payload
- using hekate cfw sysnand
- using hekate stock

ow thanks for the advice.. will try !! thanks alot , because my eMMC user partition is corrupt... windows notification said must format it...

Last edited by deawilliams96,

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ow thanks for the advice.. will try !! thanks alot , because my eMMC user partition is corrupt... windows notification said must format it...

no no u don't do it, its just because it appears wired to windows so it will prompt to format but you just ignore it

i m starting to loose it here can some1 pop in here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku...