ROM Hack [How To] Fix Soma Bringer Title

RawrFull

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[How To] Fix Soma Bringer Title (Including The Picture and Cheats)

-What this tutorial will do is that, it will change the soma bringer title from 'DS Program File to Soma Bringer' I will also help with the cheats, because once you changed the 'Embedded title' it will have a different 'Game ID'.

*btw, in case you do this wrong i suggest saving a copy of your patched ROM, and your save file if you have one. Also, your cheat file*

First You Will Need The Following:

1.Your ROM that you patched with DarthNemesis Translation
( Patch found here -> Soma Bringer Open Translation )

2.You will need RomeR
( Found here -> RomeR 2.1 Beta )

3. R4CCE [R4 Cheat Code Editor]
( Found Here [Search For 'r4cce'] -> Yasu software - Soft )

What to do:

1st:
Open up RomeR and click 'Browse..' then click your patched ROM

2nd:
Look at the 'Embedded Title' and delete the words after 'Nintendo' it should be '*some symbol here*Translated by DarthNemesis' after that it should look like this 'Soma Bringer*some symbol here*Nintendo' after that click 'Apply Changes' Now your ROM should have the appropriate title & picture.

3rd:
Now to fix the cheats, Open up 'R4CCE' and select your latest cheat file.
If you don't know how to use r4cce go look at this tutorial Link.

4th:
Now go look for the game 'Soma Bringer (J) [English]' inside the cheat file and click it.
Look to your right and you should see the title 'Game ID' and under it, it there should be two box's that say 'YBSJ - 90E5633A' that is the original patched versions Game ID.
Beside those boxes there are three dots click it, search for you edited ROM and then open it. Now the box's should say 'YBSJ - D81B0F71' then save the cheat file.

5th:
Now place that cheat file into your SD Card (where ever your cheats are supposed to go) and your done !

If you need any help don't hesitate to post
rolleyes.gif

Freudian Lemur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some people (with acekards of some sort I think) had a problem with the name and rom icon not showing at all after they used DarthNemesis' translation patch. There were also some cheat problems I think. This fixes those problems.

Bookwormz13971

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks it worked 100%. I also did it with two other games and my friend was having the same problem so now I can help him and seem all Dexter's Laboratories smart. I recommend others to try this.

onibaku

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i did everything but the cheat icon doesnt even show when i highlight soma bringer, someone please help
frown.gif

EDIT: I tried this with other games and it worked, like the GTA Chinatown wars fixed version, i tried all possible ways with this one?

Edit again: is it possible for someone to cheat.dat file so that the cheats work? pleeaaaaase
frown.gif
ive got an R4 btw

LAST EDIT: alright i dont need any more help
smile.gif
i changed my firmware to YSMenu and everything is so much better
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"