Tutorial  Updated

How to fix Online game services on <=10.7 emuNAND

This is mainly for N3DS rxTools users and frequent 9.0-9.2 sysNAND users.

So recently Nintendo decided to pull a maintenance run that effectively stops you from playing online game services like Pokemon ORASXY, Smash and a few others unless you update your system. This tutorial will help you bypass the check and get your online services back, however it will require that you have:
  • A 3DS system with 9.0-9.2 & CFW installed. (Preferably unlinked NANDs.)
    • Alternatively you can use this on 9.3-10.7 & a hax entrypoint using the NASA CIA installer. *WARNING! This method of installation will no longer work on 11.0 and above until a Kernel exploit is found for those updates*
  • A CIA installer (FBI, BBM, ect.)
  • 3DSNUS (Which will be linked here.)
Now, onto the steps:
  1. Optional but recommended: Before any of this you should always back up your NAND. It stands to reason that at some point during exploiting your console that you will have backed it up, but it's best to do so again now so you can restore quickly if something goes awry.
  2. Open up 3DSNUS and input the friends system-module Title ID and Version which is the only one you'll need. (Of which you can find the required one for O3DS here and N3DS here. Select the first link in the "Report" box of your region e.g "E" is USA. "P" is EUR.) Make sure you remove the "v" from the version number and "Pack as .CIA" is checked, then download the file.
  3. Now, take the downloaded .cia from the root of your 3DSNUS folder and drop it into where you keep your .CIAs on your SD card. Or if you're lazy you can just throw it into the root of the SD card, but better neat than messy with these things. :P
  4. Pop your SD card into your 3DS system and boot up your CFW by the method of your choice. Go into the .cia installer of your choosing and locate the .cia. Depending on what installer you use, you'll have to choose the equivalent of system or NAND to install the .cia if it doesn't automatically, as SD Card won't work. For FBI, make sure it's set to NAND for install.
  5. Once that's done, exit out of the .cia installer, reset your 3DS, open up the CFW again and hop into the affected game. Try out the online services and it should work. Congratulations!
  6. Optional: Should your game still not work correctly even after this, it most likely requires the latest NVER (named New3DS NVER in the N3DS) to function. Repeat steps 2-4 but instead download the latest NVER (which can be found in their respective console versions for the above linked system update in step 2.) *If you can't find NVER in the latest firmware list then use this list and check each update before it until you find NVER*
You can do this as well in sysNAND but please be careful as making franken-firmwares on sysNAND could lead to problems down the line (unless you have a NAND hardmod,) and make sure you've got a backup of your NAND before doing this. At any rate I'm fairly confident this will not brick your system, however I am not responsible if it does brick.

Thanks for this tutorial and it's information go to:
  • @Sgt. Lulz for pointing this out.
  • @Sheimi for testing this and confirming it alongside my own results.
  • @Pixel Eater for providing a link to N3DS 10.5 files for N3DS users.
  • @Domukuro Wolfield for reporting that the 10.5 friend system module has been patched.
  • @cvskid for keeping me up to date on the latest firmware since 11.1.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well then you should restore the emuNAND to normal.

And only now have I just realised this is redundant for you. You already have 10.5 on your emuNAND and so this tutorial shouldn't be needed for you. 10.5 already has the friend system_module.
I was trying to use this to get Pokemon Shuffle working because it wasn't working online anymore. Also, could you point me towards the direction I need to restore my Emunand? Like do I just need to redo it all?

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I was trying to use this to get Pokemon Shuffle working because it wasn't working online anymore. Also, could you point me towards the direction I need to restore my Emunand? Like do I just need to redo it all?

You should've already had a backup emuNAND before attempting this like I stated in the post. If you don't you'll have to format the emuNAND and start it anew, otherwise you'll need to go into something like Decrypt9 or emuNAND9Tool in the homebrew and restore the emuNAND.bin you should hopefully have to emuNAND, restoring it.

As for Pokemon Shuffle, it could be due to either A) the game needs an update to get online (But not a system one) or B) It requires another kind of online service. This only works for online game services that utilise friend lists. I'm not sure about how Shuffle works but if it doesn't use that then it's most likely another problem like NNID or similar. But again this is unlikely as you were already on 10.5 in emuNAND so it's likely A).

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Senoue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should've already had a backup emuNAND before attempting this like I stated in the post. If you don't you'll have to format the emuNAND and start it anew, otherwise you'll need to go into something like Decrypt9 or emuNAND9Tool in the homebrew and restore the emuNAND.bin you should hopefully have to emuNAND, restoring it.
I think I may have a back up from when I transfered from one card to another MicroSD card. But it doesn't seem like Decrypt9 or emuNAND9 are even opening in the HBL.

Edit: I got Decrypt to open and I found my image file for when I transferred my MicroSD from one to another. Should I just mount that back again and everything will be fine?

Last edited by Senoue,

Hirosashii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be perfectly sure. I have an O3DS, I have unlocked NANDs, and my emuNAND is on version 10.4. All I have to do to upgrade to 10.5 (which allows me to play online again) is be sure to be on my emuNAND, go to the system options, and system update there?

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just to be perfectly sure. I have an O3DS, I have unlocked NANDs, and my emuNAND is on version 10.4. All I have to do to upgrade to 10.5 (which allows me to play online again) is be sure to be on my emuNAND, go to the system options, and system update there?

You can do that if you wish. Alternatively if for whatever reason you don't wish to update your emuNAND, this tutorial should help.

bahamut17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I Used 3DSNUS2. 5 v29373 On My computer OS win7 and My 3ds console is N3DS XL (US)
Run Program 3dsnus and input value 000400DB20016302 in title input value 480 in version but program cann't download anything & it's show message error only How to fix it

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I Used 3DSNUS2. 5 v29373 On My computer OS win7 and My 3ds console is N3DS XL (US)
Run Program 3dsnus and input value 000400DB20016302 in title input value 480 in version but program cann't download anything & it's show message error only How to fix it

Make sure no antiviruses or firewalls are blocking it. If it still doesn't work try the first 3DSNUS link in the OP.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes i checked on my computer disable firewall & antivirus completed. Input value for my n3dsxl. it's Right

Remove any tubehax dns etc blocks from your pc internet connection & the router as well.

Also don't forget to put version 'xxx' instead of 'vxxx'.

Code:
10.5.0-30 New3ds nver:
ID: 000400DB20016302
Ver: 480

10.5.0-30U New3ds friend list module:
ID: 0004013000003202
Ver: 9216

Last edited by Favna,
Reactions: mooglazer

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Remove any tubehax dns etc blocks from your pc internet connection & the router as well.

Also don't forget to put version 'xxx' instead of 'vxxx'.

Code:
10.5.0-30 New3ds nver:
ID: 000400DB20016302
Ver: 480

10.5.0-30U New3ds friend list module:
ID: 0004013000003202
Ver: 9216

you may want to state the region when you post this like i did on first page

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It worked a-ok for me just 30 minutes ago... New3DS 9.5.0-30E with the 10.5 friend list thingy.
yea same here, then an hour ago it stopped working. made the mistake of trying to reinstall the friends list thingy using FBI. which fucked up my 3DS. currently trying to fix it. oddly enough any emunand backup i put on it just keeps being a copy of my sysnand. which is really strange.

edit: managed to put my backup on my 3ds.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Billy1006

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is mainly for N3DS rxTools users and frequent 9.0-9.2 sysNAND users.

So recently Nintendo decided to pull a maintenance run that effectively stops you from playing online game services like Pokemon ORASXY, Smash and a few others unless you update your system. This tutorial will help you bypass the check and get your online services back, however it will require that you have:
  • A 3DS system with 9.0-9.2 & CFW installed. (Preferably unlinked NANDs.)
  • A CIA installer (FBI, BBM, ect.)
  • 3DSNUS (Which will be linked here.)
Now, onto the steps:
  1. Open up 3DSNUS and input the friends system-module Title ID and Version which is the only one you'll need. (Of which you can find the required one for your region here by selecting the first link in the "Report" box of your region e.g "E" is USA. "P" is EUR.) Make sure you remove the "v" from the version number and "Pack as .CIA" is checked, then download the file.
  2. Now, take the downloaded .cia from the root of your 3DSNUS folder and drop it into where you keep your .CIAs on your SD card. Or if you're lazy you can just throw it into the root of the SD card, but better neat than messy with these things. :P
  3. Pop your SD card into your 3DS system and boot up your CFW by the method of your choice. Go into the .cia installer of your choosing and locate the .cia. Depending on what installer you use, you'll have to choose the equivalent of system or NAND to install the .cia if it doesn't automatically, as SD Card won't work. For FBI, make sure it's set to NAND for install.
  4. Once that's done, exit out of the .cia installer, reset your 3DS, open up the CFW again and hop into the affected game. Try out the online services and it should work. Congratulations!
You can do this as well in sysNAND but please be careful as making franken-firmwares on sysNAND could lead to problems down the line (unless you have a NAND hardmod,) and make sure you've got a backup of your NAND before doing this. At any rate I'm fairly confident this will not brick your system, however I am not responsible if it does brick.

Thanks for this tutorial and it's information go to:
  • @Sgt. Lulz for pointing this out.
  • @Sheimi for testing this and confirming it alongside my own results.
My 2ds was bricked i think he wont start it stays on a grey screen what should i do?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I know you put a disclaimer, but please, please don't suggest people do this for their sysNANDs. Franken-firmwares on sysNAND are a bad idea.
Well... I did this on 10.3. I wonder, can updates be installed from settings? Or should I use a 10.3 CIA package to downgrade nver and friends module, and then update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs