Tutorial How to Fix Missing Games/Apps after a Database Rebuild - 6.72/7.02/7.XX Tutorial

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Never understood why people don't backup their databases. It's like not having a nand backup.
Never did I. When hacking, it’s even more « obvious « to backup every « single byte », that you can with the tools available.
It’s like if you we’re running your computer for over a year, without doing a « single backup « .

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that I know of, you'd need access to system_data/priv/mms . that's where four of the main databases are stored including the one for games and the one for dlc.

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the notifications.db can actually be deleted with no harm to the system. it will be recreated in the same location as if nothing has been installed. games and content will still work, but the notifications section won't list what's been downloaded or installed anymore.

Cyph3r_

·
Trophies
Website
themeplaza.art
XP
Country
Lebanon
the notifications.db can actually be deleted with no harm to the system. it will be recreated in the same location as if nothing has been installed. games and content will still work, but the notifications section won't list what's been downloaded or installed anymore.
Ah, okay. That's fair.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found that out from @Leeful , and I've tested it. it may be good to prevent sony from snooping at what you've installed. it's either a pkg setting or a param.sfo setting that allows you to change the install name from that of the pkg itself (I've seen no uploader use it). that's what sony does, so it will say something like goo sword has been installed instead of the pkg name itself. it may look funny with the pkg name with the name of the uploader mentioned in notifications. that's why I deleted it the first time. I need to do it again at some point, if we can ever sign in. I'm assuming that the notifications.db is sent to sony when you log in, but I don't really know.

Reactions: Leeful

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I found that out from @Leeful , and I've tested it. it may be good to prevent sony from snooping at what you've installed. it's either a pkg setting or a param.sfo setting that allows you to change the install name from that of the pkg itself (I've seen no uploader use it). that's what sony does, so it will say something like goo sword has been installed instead of the pkg name itself. it may look funny with the pkg name with the name of the uploader mentioned in notifications. that's why I deleted it the first time. I need to do it again at some point, if we can ever sign in. I'm assuming that the notifications.db is sent to sony when you log in, but I don't really know.
Thanks for the info, didn’t know about that.

Reactions: godreborn
General chit-chat
Help Users
    gudenau @ gudenau: This source file is now valid C, C++, Java and Scala.