how to fix fully wii brick?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ryu81, May 24, 2009.

May 24, 2009

how to fix fully wii brick? by ryu81 at 3:24 AM (1,930 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. ryu81
    OP

Newcomer ryu81 Member

United States
    my friend told me today he can't turn on will still show red light,even if power on nothing show in tv.he haven't modchip or something like tha he didnt tried any hacks on it (WADs, Homebrews, etc)..will fix if use savemii or will work free savemii?is there other way to fix it??its out of warranty.

2. Tux'

Member Tux' GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    First off, did he install bootmii? Second off he did not install the homebrew channel? Then this is strange if he hasn't dome anything to it, maybe he should send it into nintendo it might cost a bit but it's better than buying a new wii.

edit: Im not sure if savemii will work, you might have to ask someone else because I have no expieriance with savemii of savemiifrii.

3. ryu81
    OP

Newcomer ryu81 Member

United States
    not install bootmii or homebrew channel.

4. Tux'

Canada
    So, then this just happend by itself? Was he using a guide while this happend? if nothing illegal was done to it(ie. Installing HBC, channels via wad manager, downgarding ios's or putting Custom Ios's onto it, he can send it into Nintendo, and they won't charge him as much as they would if the homebrew channel was on it, if there is anything illegal done to it, they would charge you alot. Also, did anyone else but him touch it?

5. SublimeAndEtc

Member SublimeAndEtc GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sound like he has two options:
    Send it to Nintendo
    Buy a new Wii

If he didn't mod it in anyway it probably broke from overheating or falling or something. Some sort of thing that would mess up the hardware itself, which means nothing (feasible) outside of the two options I stated will fix it.

6. Tux'

Canada
    Wouldn't sending it to Nintendo be easier, because they could just charge you like 90-150$ rather than spending 250-300$ right? My advice is the same as his though, buy a new wii, or send it into Nintendo, say, isn't there a customer service on nintendo website, mail them, ask them how much it will cost to send it in, fix it and ship it back.

7. rAiN mAn 2o0o

Member rAiN mAn 2o0o GBAtemp Regular

United States
    considering you don't know exactly what is wrong with it and it hasn't been hacked.. just send it to nintendo for repairs... if you knew what was wrong.. you could always get a solderless drivekey chip and download pink fish disc and mod your gamecube controller (or get on all fours on your dance pad!) to boot into recovery mode and restore.

8. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    He could also try unplugging it for 10 minutes and putting it back in. Sometimes that solves weird problems with the wiimotes desyncing and such.

9. Tux'

Canada
    Ooohh yeah right sometimes that works but if he dropped it he could have shifted some hardware, maybe snapping a couple wires in the process, but wii's a very durable. Accidentally my friends wii was dropped from a meter from the ground and nothing was wrong with it [​IMG]. Anyways, unplug the wii for 10-20 mins. See if it works.

10. pspmte

Member pspmte GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok red led no green means the unit is not bricked but has another fault
    I would (stab in the dark try the bluetooth card) i have seen that force a fix red led
    if not it need repairing there are 3 fuses on a wii, the mail power 12v fuse (wont be that beacuse your red led is lit)and 2 others check them
    Good luck

11. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That stuff is illegal? Good thing I don't use it. [​IMG]

12. Arm the Homeless

Member Arm the Homeless Custom Title

United States
    1. Installing HBC is legal
    2. Installing channels via WAD Manager is sometimes legal
    3. Never heard of downgarding IOSes. But downgrading them is legal.
    4. Custom IOSes are legal to have on your Wii. As long as you don't share the WAD. The WAD is illegal.

13. ryu81
    OP

Newcomer ryu81 Member

United States
    thx for reply i'll try with him to unplug for 10 mins to see what happen.