Hacking how to fix fully wii brick?

ryu81

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my friend told me today he can't turn on will still show red light,even if power on nothing show in tv.he haven't modchip or something like tha he didnt tried any hacks on it (WADs, Homebrews, etc)..will fix if use savemii or will work free savemii?is there other way to fix it??its out of warranty.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, did he install bootmii? Second off he did not install the homebrew channel? Then this is strange if he hasn't dome anything to it, maybe he should send it into nintendo it might cost a bit but it's better than buying a new wii.

edit: Im not sure if savemii will work, you might have to ask someone else because I have no expieriance with savemii of savemiifrii.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, then this just happend by itself? Was he using a guide while this happend? if nothing illegal was done to it(ie. Installing HBC, channels via wad manager, downgarding ios's or putting Custom Ios's onto it, he can send it into Nintendo, and they won't charge him as much as they would if the homebrew channel was on it, if there is anything illegal done to it, they would charge you alot. Also, did anyone else but him touch it?

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sound like he has two options:
Send it to Nintendo
Buy a new Wii

If he didn't mod it in anyway it probably broke from overheating or falling or something. Some sort of thing that would mess up the hardware itself, which means nothing (feasible) outside of the two options I stated will fix it.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't sending it to Nintendo be easier, because they could just charge you like 90-150$ rather than spending 250-300$ right? My advice is the same as his though, buy a new wii, or send it into Nintendo, say, isn't there a customer service on nintendo website, mail them, ask them how much it will cost to send it in, fix it and ship it back.

rAiN mAn 2o0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
considering you don't know exactly what is wrong with it and it hasn't been hacked.. just send it to nintendo for repairs... if you knew what was wrong.. you could always get a solderless drivekey chip and download pink fish disc and mod your gamecube controller (or get on all fours on your dance pad!) to boot into recovery mode and restore.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He could also try unplugging it for 10 minutes and putting it back in. Sometimes that solves weird problems with the wiimotes desyncing and such.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooohh yeah right sometimes that works but if he dropped it he could have shifted some hardware, maybe snapping a couple wires in the process, but wii's a very durable. Accidentally my friends wii was dropped from a meter from the ground and nothing was wrong with it
tongue.gif
. Anyways, unplug the wii for 10-20 mins. See if it works.

pspmte

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok red led no green means the unit is not bricked but has another fault
I would (stab in the dark try the bluetooth card) i have seen that force a fix red led
if not it need repairing there are 3 fuses on a wii, the mail power 12v fuse (wont be that beacuse your red led is lit)and 2 others check them
Good luck

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
So, then this just happend by itself? Was he using a guide while this happend? if nothing illegal was done to it(ie. Installing HBC, channels via wad manager, downgarding ios's or putting Custom Ios's onto it, he can send it into Nintendo, and they won't charge him as much as they would if the homebrew channel was on it, if there is anything illegal done to it, they would charge you alot. Also, did anyone else but him touch it?

That stuff is illegal? Good thing I don't use it.
tongue.gif

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
1. Installing HBC is legal
2. Installing channels via WAD Manager is sometimes legal
3. Never heard of downgarding IOSes. But downgrading them is legal.
4. Custom IOSes are legal to have on your Wii. As long as you don't share the WAD. The WAD is illegal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P