How to fix a wetspot on LED TV?

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably not the right sub to ask this, but here it goes. I've got this major wetspot that has become clearly visible on my LED TV. You can barely see it when there's too much color on the screen, but it's clearly visible on white screens.

It has never touched anything wet, and I have never poured any form of liquid on it. I've always wiped it down with a dry microfiber cloth.

I don't want to take it apart as I don't want to mess up the cables/circuitry. So, I was hoping someone around here can help me with trying to get rid of it.

Please and thank you.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's an image. I did my best to show where the spot actually is. It's in the top-middle. You can see it kind of drip a bit to the left there. There should be two images in the album. The OG, and another one that I messed around with in PS in order to show the spot clearly.
HERE

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... Try this: Repairing a water-damaged LCD TV is difficult, and results vary based on the problem type, severity and location. If the water damage is minimal or just starting to form in a humid environment, unplug the LCD TV and move it to a dry location. Ensure the TV has several inches clearance from other objects to ensure adequate air flow and allow the moisture to evaporate. If the LCD TV has severe water damage, take it to an electronics shop for screen repair or replacement. If these options aren't feasible, you may have to purchase a new television.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
^ I've set in a dry area that has moderate heat and sunlight since it for repairs is going to be very expensive. I can't take it apart since I don't know much about television repairs and, again, I don't want to mess around with the inner cable work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Its a very delicate fix and it depends on the type of panel, if its an older TV you can usually separate the panel itself from the layers pretty easily, and try clean it up, but cleaning will nearly always leave visible streaks etc on the screen, iirc my friend used to just get in a bunch of old tv's with cracked panels and swap the backlight and matching films up so they look perfect, but that was his business so he had tons of broken tvs at hand to tear down for donor parts

from the looks of the image its already dried out but stained, once the marks are there they will stay there unless you try clean it by taking it all apart, and its very easy to damage the panel itself trying to take it apart if you're not experience in doing so

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte