Hacking How to fit a 4.5 gb game onto DVD?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhm 4.5 is smaller than 4.7 so it would fit.
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

Holt's right you can only fit 4.37...but with imgburn you can burn to the full 4.7GB I believe.

B

BryceOne

Stephanie said:
These 4.7 gb discs aren't worth a damn if I can't fit any games on them! Does compression or DVD shrink type software work? Thanks.

~Steph

Sorry if my calculations aren't correct, but why wouldn't a 4.5gb game fit on a 4.7gb DVD? What game is it you're trying to put on the dvd?

Holt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiivolutiion.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
where you downloaded from?
maybe it could be a fake image of the game or something...

Edit: dude, 4.7 dvds dont have 4.7 GB, only 4.37 GB. they put 4.7 cuz of the byte size 4698954...
but it's not their actual size.

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Nero reads the disc as 4.3ish most of the times. Seems to be some unnecessary data on the discs. Though in IMG burn it says 4.7. However I tried burning the ISO in IMB burn and nothing ended up on disc, whereas Nero burned it when I used the Overburn feature. This may or may not be a big part in my Wii not playing +RW discs, but I can't be for sure until I get the full ISO on a disc.

I'm guess what I'm trying to ask is how can I get the most from the capacity of my DVD's
moogle.gif

~Steph

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holt said:
where you downloaded from?
maybe it could be a fake image of the game or something...

Edit: dude, 4.7 dvds dont have 4.7 GB, only 4.37 GB. they put 4.7 cuz of the byte size 4698954...
but it's not their actual size.
Well, DUDE
moogle.gif
,looks like Deadly Creatures isn't going on my disc. Seems that a lot of Wii ISO's are close to this size.

Holt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiivolutiion.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Stephanie said:
Well, Nero reads the disc as 4.3ish most of the times. Seems to be some unnecessary data on the discs. Though in IMG burn it says 4.7. However I tried burning the ISO in IMB burn and nothing ended up on disc, whereas Nero burned it when I used the Overburn feature. This may or may not be a big part in my Wii not playing +RW discs, but I can't be for sure until I get the full ISO on a disc.

I'm guess what I'm trying to ask is how can I get the most from the capacity of my DVD's
moogle.gif

~Steph
what game you're trying to burn anyway?

Edit: when i said dude, i was talking with Sharpz =X
well, i have deadly creatures, i burned with IMGBurn, with a DVD-R, try to download it from somewhere else.

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyogc said:
Normally, the size of a wii game iso will be 4.37gb, so it should fit in a dvd disc.
Unless you want try multigame disc, then go to this thread
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135336]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=135336[/url]
Cool, I'll try this!
moogle.gif

Not that I know wtf is goin' on
laugh.gif

~Steph

Posts merged

Holt said:
QUOTE(Stephanie @ Feb 15 2009, 03:48 AM) Well, Nero reads the disc as 4.3ish most of the times. Seems to be some unnecessary data on the discs. Though in IMG burn it says 4.7. However I tried burning the ISO in IMB burn and nothing ended up on disc, whereas Nero burned it when I used the Overburn feature. This may or may not be a big part in my Wii not playing +RW discs, but I can't be for sure until I get the full ISO on a disc.

moogle.gif

~Steph
what game you're trying to burn anyway?

Edit: when i said dude, i was talking with Sharpz =X
well, i have deadly creatures, i burned with IMGBurn, with a DVD-R, try to download it from somewhere else.
shy.gif

What size is your Deadly Creatures?

~Steph

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holt said:
lol, 4,37 GB.
laugh.gif

just try to download from somewhere trustable, like *removed*
grog.gif
btw, my Deadly Creatures ISO is 4.37 as well. Under Properties is says it's that on file and disc, though when looking at the icon and seeing the KBs underneath, it says 4,589,824
unsure.gif

And when I try to burn in Nero, it says the filesize is 4,443mb, and I only have 4,442mb on my disc. I don't get it!
wacko.gif

~Steph

FireFreek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.. not entirely sure what's going on with you but...

-Only DVD-R's work if you softmod
-All wii ISOs are 4.37GB, excluding a couple, because they're dual layer discs, meaning twice the size.

Just saying, cause i'm not sure you got it from the other people.

Stephanie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeth.

Wow, CIOSCORP is great! I can see the Deadly Creatures preview screen in the Disc Channel with sound and everything! Even on my +RW
moogle.gif
!

Now it's a matter of getting a good backup copy and I'm set!!!!!!
moogle.gif

~Steph

Posts merged

FireFreek said:

-All wii ISOs are 4.37GB, excluding a couple, because they're dual layer discs, meaning twice the size.

Not to burst your flame (LMFAO) *aherm* ... but Only DVD-R are the most reliable. +RW works for some users with softmod
moogle.gif

~Steph

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FireFreek said:

DVD+R definitifly work with Softmod. I burned nearly all my games on Sony DVD+R because the shop didn't had Sony DVD-R and all my games work (using DIP7 patch in the IOSes).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all