Homebrew How to find Title ID of non-retail installed app?

bengalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bengalih The titleid is inferred from the gamecube titleid in hexadecimal representation.
Donkey Kong Junglebeat for example has a GC ID of GYBP which is 47594250 in hex.
The titleid of the wii inject is therefore 0005000 + 247594250.
If you set the ID manually this isn't the case, but you probably haven't.

bengalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bengalih The titleid is inferred from the gamecube titleid in hexadecimal representation.
Donkey Kong Junglebeat for example has a GC ID of GYBP which is 47594250 in hex.
The titleid of the wii inject is therefore 0005000 + 247594250.
If you set the ID manually this isn't the case, but you probably haven't.

Thanks...I've actually figured this out for the Wii retail game inject, though my data is slightly different.
I found the following:

53573845 was the Hex representation of the game title (SW8E), bit the generated game title was: 0005000253573845.
This means that "00050002" was the appended inject info. You state "0005000" + XXX, but in my case I see "00050002" + XXX.
What's the discrepancy with the 2, what does it signify?

thanks

bengalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
00050002 = game demo
Interesting, but I was generating this off a standard Wii retail ISO.
Both games I did generated the 00050002 number.
Again, this is based on the injector script tool, so perhaps it is just deciding to use 00050002 regardless?

bengalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure. here's what I figured out a while back: Pinky's Wii-U Tutorials

Ah, thanks. I wonder if the author of the injector script decided that there is likely to be a lesser chance of conflict using the demo prefix and so it just automatically uses that when making an injected file. I'm not too concerned as long as it is always static and in the few I've done so far it has always used 00050002.
In actuality, all I needed to figure out was the last half, which I now know is the Wii Title ID converted to hex.
I required this for the Menu Sort homebrew since it didn't properly handle injected titles. I wonder if it didn't handle them because of the 00050002 extension?
Next one I make I will manually set to 00050000 and see if it sorts it properly. If so, I'll take the risk as I would rather have them automatically sorted rather than have to try and exclude them all the time.

bengalih

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the system is reading those retail discs as free just like a demo. I don't think you need cbhc but for eshop content. retail discs can be used without cfw.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@bengalih , I just found this: https://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database

No, the Wii injects created with that script need Haxchi/Mocha to run - of that I'm sure.
I don't think the system recognizes them as a demo or retail...I'm not really sure the system cares actually. IOW, there is no reason for the system/systemmenu to know if what you are launching is a demo of the game or the full game.

I've seen that titledb before, but it only lists "known" games. It won't know the id of a game created with the injector script.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know retail title id's are located at the bottom of the manual's first main page but not sure about injects. I'm not home so can't check at the moment on my wii u.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
depending on if it's a retail ticket or an eshop one, the size of the ticket will differ. it can also differ if the ticket bucket has several tickets in it. imo, the best way to get this info is tik2sd. it will read every ticket and its title id.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol