How to find out what ISO is on my DVD?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by --JoCa--, Jul 1, 2008.

Jul 1, 2008
  1. --JoCa--
    OP

Member --JoCa-- GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I burned a lot of Wii ISOs recently, as I was trying to get rid of Mario Galaxy 001 error. I've done that plenty of times, but it wasn't working, but now I figured it was due to a crappy media. I bought some good quality DVD-R, but now Im' totaly lost, as there are more than 10 DVDs burned on my desktop, and I can't figure out wich of them are SMG, GH3 or Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn... Is there a way to get the ISO from them KNOWING wich ISO I'm getting? I have Trucha, so SMG I can find out extracting the Main.dol, but the other ones will be a pain, as I don't have much quality DVDs nor space on my HD... Help please T.T

2. Samutz

Member Samutz Wet Tissue Sample

United States
    Put a DVD in your drive.
    Open up ImgBurn.
    Goto Tools -> Drive -> Sector Viewer
    You should see something that looks like a hex editor. On the right side, you should see the name of the game (this name can be found at the beginning of the ISO too).

Nero Burning Rom has a similar tool, for viewing track contents, but I don't remember what its called or how to get to it exactly (and I don't have Nero installed atm).

Edit: If you have more than one DVD drive, make sure the correct drive is selected in the main window before you open the Sector Viewer.

3. Koekje

Member Koekje GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Easy, i had this too.
    Fire up your Wii and pop them all in, it will show you immediately which game it is, then eject it, write the name on the dvd with a special dvdmarker, and then pop the next dvd in and repeat it. [​IMG]

4. --JoCa--
    OP

Member --JoCa-- GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Thanks!! I'll try that right away!!

No can do with the Wii, it gives me the Black Screen of Death... T.T

5. jayparadox

Member jayparadox GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    Then why do you want to know what they are? Just throw them away xD