Not open for further replies.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, my friends account got hacked ( I think I know who it was but need evidence ) and i want to find out where it was posted from, So I can find out who it was.
I know this will be really hard but can you help me?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they have that new system where login ips are saved

you have to click the topmost right thingy near the profile button and look for account options or something like that, in one of the menues, you can see who logged in from where using what browser and OS

sorry that i cant be any more specific, but i only know the way in german xD

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You could try asking Facebook staff for the list of IPs that logged onto that account during that time period. There are 2 problems with this though - firstly, they probably won't tell you for reasons of privacy and security. Secondly, what can you do even if you had the IP? Many people on the internet use a dynamic IP or proxies to make it harder to track them (or just to bypass limits on download sites like RapidShare).

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Secondly, what can you do even if you had the IP? Many people on the internet use a dynamic IP or proxies to make it harder to track them (or just to bypass limits on download sites like RapidShare).
This.
I am guessing the OP here is probably 12-14 years old and hasn't a clue. His "friends" (meaning his own facebook account) was probably "hacked" because OP was a tard and entered his login info in a scam/phish page. However, even if he was able to track down the IP, then somehow subpoena the ISP that owns that IP to hand over the personal information of whoever used that IP, then is able to take this "evidence" to the police, what is he expecting the police to do? Charge the person for "hacking" some retarded 13 year old kids facebook page?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
My solution: don't use Facebook. Saying that, I do have a facebook account. I just don't use it.

EDIt: 1000th post. I feel like a spammer. And it's been snowing outside. In London. The city that only ever gets snow in February/March.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
I am guessing the OP here is probably 12-14 years old and hasn't a clue. His "friends" (meaning his own facebook account) was probably "hacked" because OP was a tard and entered his login info in a scam/phish page. However, even if he was able to track down the IP, then somehow subpoena the ISP that owns that IP to hand over the personal information of whoever used that IP, then is able to take this "evidence" to the police, what is he expecting the police to do? Charge the person for "hacking" some retarded 13 year old kids facebook page?

Consider firesheep for a moment. He could have been at school, a public library, or a hotspot, and literally anyone there could have logged in as him.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
kai445 said:
Crass said:

Consider firesheep for a moment. He could have been at school, a public library, or a hotspot, and literally anyone there could have logged in as him.
Session highjacking is very easy and pretty common, he also could have just left the computer while logged in (happens A LOT at my school). Or he could have had it save his username/password in which case its really easy to extract that info from the browser. Or he could be using an incredibly stupid password and someone looking over his shoulder saw it. Basically theres a million ways to "hack" someones facebook, a lot of which require minimal technical knowledge. As he already stated, the best bet is just to not make a facebook profile to begin with, a service which sole purpose is to datamine all of your private details. Its sad, but the general population (especially kids/teenagers) is terribly ignorant when it comes to privacy issues, they just want things to "work" and be super fun, regardless of any potential problems lurking in the shadow.

For instance, remember when Sarah Palin's email was "hacked"? All the kid did was try to sign in her with email without a password, which then gives you the prompt of "did you forgot your password" and he clicked on that, which gave him the "security" question of where did you go to high school, a quick wikipedia search on Palin reveals she went to Wassila high, enter that and BLAMMO! email accnt is HAXxXzoRd!

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Crass said:
Originality said:
Secondly, what can you do even if you had the IP? Many people on the internet use a dynamic IP or proxies to make it harder to track them (or just to bypass limits on download sites like RapidShare).
This.
I'm 11 and not a "tard". I'm not that stupid and it was my friend's account and it was from an iphone.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're 11? What the hell are you doing on a site like this? Little kids like you shouldn't be here or on the internet at all.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think some girl found out the password to their account (when they were at the friend's house) and logged in like that.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
You're 11? What the hell are you doing on a site like this? Little kids like you shouldn't be here or on the internet at all.
Because I like the internet. And I liike GBAtemp.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand, but WHY GBATemp? There are things that happen here that aren't suitable for people under 13
tongue.gif
I'm not gonna force you to run off but hey, just saying. When I was your age... I didn't even get to go on the internet. >.>

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Ryukouki said:
I understand, but WHY GBATemp? There are things that happen here that aren't suitable for people under 13
tongue.gif
I'm not gonna force you to run off but hey, just saying. When I was your age... I didn't even get to go on the internet. >.>

What things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Timings