Gaming How to fill the last of my memory card?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Trying to decide how to use the last of the memory space on my 32GB N3DS. I have roughly 15k blocks left and about £35-£40, enough to buy any one game or a few smaller ones. I've narrowed it down to a few options, opinions wanted:

- Pokemon X, will cost me £26. I've played and completed it before, and I have Omega Ruby on the card already, but it'd be nice to have a digital copy so that I don't keep trading it in, regretting it, wanting to do another run and having to buy it again. Will take up pretty much all of the remaining memory space. I can get a physical copy for £30 and negate the memory usage, but then I run the risk of trading, regretting and so on.

- Dragon Quest 7, will cost me the full £35. The latest game out, but I've not really given the DQ series much attention over the years. Always more of a Final Fantasy guy myself. But it looks like fun and is apparently great value, so it's on the list. Will absolutely kill every last block of space and the budget.

- Etrian Odyssey Untold The Millenium Girl. Played the demo last night and I must've been enjoying it because I did nothing else for several hours. Will cost me £9 (gotta love those Atlus bargains on the eShop) and use roughly half my remaining space.

- Etrian Odyssey IV. Same basic concept as EOU above. Could potentially buy them as a pair but I'm not sure that's really necessary. Would also cost £9 and about half my space. I've never played the Etrian series though so while it seems to start off well enough, I worry it might get dull if the novelty wears off. I'm also told they're extremely difficult, which is why I've not been back on SMT4 recently.

- Marvel/Star Wars Pinball. I love Zen Pinball and new tables are always nice. Would cost about £6 each, space usage is negligible. One of those side purchases made with anything other than the budget-murdering DQ7.

Thoughts, opinions, experiences on each title? Or if all else fails, alternatives?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd say Dragon Quest but again, DQ7 is not the best game to start with imo. It is a really long game and it starts really slow. Best try one of the DS games for DS (I recommend Dragon Quest IV :P)

Otherwise I'd say go with Pokemon X, you sound like you really enjoy the game. So what's better than support the devs by buying their game (without trading it in :P) and getting those pinball games on the side.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do have a DS Lite/R4 combo availabke, so I guess I could start my Dragon Quest collection there, see if I can get into it without the expense. Guess I'll cross it off the list.

As for the others, think I'll grab Pokémon now since it won't be cheap on eBay forever, and grab the others when I have the cash and space to spare.

Last edited by Blaze163,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I do have a DS Lite/R4 combo availabke, so I guess I could start my Dragon Quest collection there, see if I can get into it without the expense. Guess I'll cross it off the list.

As for the others, think I'll grab Pokémon now since it won't be cheap on eBay forever, and grab the others when I have the cash and space to spare.
Have fun with dragon quest! I really enjoy them. I suggest starting with DQ IX. It is really story driven and not as repetitive as VII is feeling right now.

Ray2R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you maybe...just maybe considered buying a smaller memory card then transferring it over and BOOM! FULL CARD LOL!

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Settled on a physical copy of Pokémon Y and Etrian Odyssey 4 so far, might pick up the Marvel/Star Wars pinball games later. Not 100% convinced by them as the Marvel demo has an absurdly tight time limit and there is no demo for the Star Wars tables. So while I enjoy Zen Pinball, I haven't had a chance to really test the new tables to see if they're worth the extra cash when I could just stick with the 4 Zen tables I have now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte