Hacking How to factory reset n2dsxl that is stuck on a boot error?

JohnIsBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, my N2DSXL has given me a tsunami of errors recently, and upon trying to fix them, I got my N2DSXL stuck in a CTRNAND boot error. Is there any way I can factory reset the device just to clear it of everything so I can use it again?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, my N2DSXL has given me a tsunami of errors recently, and upon trying to fix them, I got my N2DSXL stuck in a CTRNAND boot error. Is there any way I can factory reset the device just to clear it of everything so I can use it again?
A factory reset will likely NOT fix whats going on. Its a bad habit of people whom think a wipe and rerun will work, Whats the error exactly as it shows on your 3ds?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A factory reset will likely NOT fix whats going on. Its a bad habit of people whom think a wipe and rerun will work, Whats the error exactly as it shows on your 3ds?
I don't think they mean a "factory reset" as in the official one in Settings, I think they just meant it as a general ambiguation for a larger reset process. Hence my suggestion

JohnIsBroken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s says that the CTRNAND is failing to mount to the sd card, and I mean just a general wipe to try and restore everything since I can’t get past the boot error at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended