ROM Hack How to extract NSMB ROM embedded in pirate ROM

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
shaneod kindly posted a ROM dump of a fake NSMB card, but it doesn't run in desmume or open in any filesystem editors. From looking at it in a hex editor, it does seem to have a NSMB ROM embedded in some strange way.
Could someone (tell me how to) extract it? I'd like to see what the ROM is like, to check if it is an undumped version, a dumped version or a pirate version.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
shaneod kindly posted a ROM dump of a fake NSMB card, but it doesn't run in desmume or open in any filesystem editors. From looking at it in a hex editor, it does seem to have a NSMB ROM embedded in some strange way.
Could someone (tell me how to) extract it? I'd like to see what the ROM is like, to check if it is an undumped version, a dumped version or a pirate version.
That dump is only 256 KB, no way it contains the ROM. It's probably just a dump of the flashcart loader, with the game being stored on a separate flash chip.

Hiccup

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah...
but if you look at the dump in a hex editor, you can see the NSMB's header name (NEW MARIO) and a string that is present in all(?) NSMB ROM's arm9 ("SDK" etc).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...