ROM Hack How to extract .Bin files of Resident Evil: Deadly Silence?

LaPreside

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NSBMD = Model
NSBTC = Texture
NSBCA = Animation

Glad you found a script that worked -- it is quite rare for such a thing to happen.

As far as hex editors go then please don't think they are anything special. They are good for viewing files, copy and pasting parts of files, some minor operations, searching for things, basic find and replace and editing to the level where you can type it essentially from memory (big changes want proper tools). Some hex editors might indeed feature fancy functionality but those are mostly for people doing other things (things like memory viewers, or hard drive viewers most prominently), or because they can.

Their general operation is for most you will ever see then on the left side of the screen will be the address, in the middle (usually biggest) section will be the data itself and on the right will be the text decode (usually ASCII but occasionally you might set another mode, ROM hacking specific hex editors will tend to also support tables), below it all might also be a readout of any search all type things, or a section with various decodings of the selection above or the cursor. Click on the hex section and it will also put a cursor in the text decode section, and vice versa. If you can operate a word processor you can operate a hex editor. Some hex editors will allow you to resize the viewing section inside the program by clicking and dragging, some might be an option somewhere, others will want you to resize the whole window and might be limited in one way or another. This can be useful to see greater patterns in the program -- in your case above there are file entries per line, starting on the line too which is a happy coincidence (or maybe not). Other times I will have to resize the window or delete/insert things in the file to get it to all line up for me.

Until you can argue otherwise then go with the above.
hi, i am interested in extracting the bin files in resident evil deadly silence. unfortunately I still haven't figured out how to extract the files with "quickbms" and I haven't figured out which script to use, if you have time could you help me on this please?. also, how do you put changed files back inside the .bin? Sorry if it's a simple thing, but I'm new in the field

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P