Tutorial  Updated

How to extract and convert Unity soundbank files [WINDOWS ONLY]

Hey there!
After doing some research, I've come up with a method to easily extract and convert Unity soundbank files to a usable form, such as .wav.

1. Download all files in this Google Drive folder to the folder in which the soundbank files are located (this should be something like Game/Game_data/StreamingAssets/Audio/GeneratedSoundBanks/Windows): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VjWeGeq22safb1wrmga7vnPxvg74FC6E?usp=sharing
  2. Drag and drop MainSoundbank.bnk (or any other .bnk file you want to convert, but most sounds will be in this one) onto bnkextr.exe.
  3. You'll see a large number of files appear. I converted the sounds from a game called Scanner Sombre, and all files were in a format called .wem. However, if the files are in any other format, simply modify converter.bat to convert that extension instead. From here (modified or not), double-click converter.bat.
  4. All your sounds will be converted and usable as .wav in /converted.
Hope this helps!

Credits:

Last edited by WAUthethird,

LYNRAY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't extract .bank files from viewfinder. .bank file starts with RIFF in text editor
Post automatically merged:

Can't extract .bank files from viewfinder. .bank file starts with RIFF in text editor

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water