Hacking How to extend wi-fi range of DS Lite

xmedia

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anything I can do, buy or make to extend the range of my DS's wi-fi capabilities without needing to take it apart? I've heard if you tape a piece of foil on the back of the DS you can get a slight signal boost, but I have no one with the time to spare to test this theory out because its nothing more than a rumor.

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DS Wifi Mod Video

THere is a video there that shows you how do to a WIFI mod. It involves taking apart your DS, sodering a wire to your WIFI chip and running the wire out the back of your ds, wrapped in tinfoil and a straw =X Looks like a lot of work and I'd probably not do it unless I had a good reason, or a spare DS.

Results of Mod

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pringles can. Yes, I'm completely serious.

Cut it in half from top to bottom, then cut one of those pieces in half from side to side. Position it about 4 inches away from the R button parallel to the bottom half of the DS. It doesn't actually "extend" your range, but rather directs more signal towards the DS Wifi. I managed to boost my signal by 1 to 2 bars this way, just enough to kill some excess lag in Bleach. On the PC I noticed about a 20% signal strength boost while doing this same thing to my USB wifi adaptor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."