Hacking How to exit from NeoGamma R7?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I got the NeoGamma R7 and I want to quit and go to Wii Menu. But everytime I do that, I got the black screen. I un-plug the power and start again. It's a real hassle to unplug the power cord.

I got the NeoGamma that has black background and some fancy NeoGamma R7 font when starting it. I dont have the Wii Disc Channel imitation one. Do I need to get another copy of NeoGamma R7 that has some nice background? I got it from the 4.2 softmod guide as you already seen my massive post ala-twitter style.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first, you dont ever need to pull the plug. just hold the power button.

for your question, it depends on a few things. how are you loading neogamma? how are you trying to exit to the system menu? how was neogamma compiled?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
do you think pressing the power is that easy?

Im playing some pirated Wii games and I want to go to the wii menu by pressing the home screen. I'll try pressing the reset button while in the game. be back for a sec.

NeoGamma R7 is a channel just beside the disc channel. pressing the power button WONT WORK.

--

How do you exit NeoGamma R7? power button, reset button, home button DONT WORK.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i was saying the power button instead of PULLING THE PLUG on the wii. (my caps button works too)

as far as neogamma not exiting to the system menu i suspect because the way it is trying to exit. (exit(0) maybe) and that is a command to load the HBC stub which was not ever loadad because you are starting straight from the wii menu. i dont think wiipower compiled the dol to be used in a channel, so whoever put it in one should have changed the dol before they made a channel. changing the exit behavior is only like 1 line of code, or if you compile it with the newer libogc, exit(0) now goes to the system menu if no HBC stub it loaded in memory.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giantpune said:
no, i was saying the power button instead of PULLING THE PLUG on the wii. (my caps button works too)

as far as neogamma not exiting to the system menu i suspect because the way it is trying to exit. (exit(0) maybe) and that is a command to load the HBC stub which was not ever loadad because you are starting straight from the wii menu. i dont think wiipower compiled the dol to be used in a channel, so whoever put it in one should have changed the dol before they made a channel. changing the exit behavior is only like 1 line of code, or if you compile it with the newer libogc, exit(0) now goes to the system menu if no HBC stub it loaded in memory.

I look if there's something != 0 on 0x80001800. If yes, i use exit(0) if not i use SYS_ResetSystem(SYS_RETURNTOMENU, 0, 0);
Until now i got no complaints about it. In R8beta3 i added that it does not exit if the Wiird/Ocarina code handler was loaded.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ Nov 5 2009, 04:31 PM) Im switching back up loaders THAT DOES HAVE AN EXIT BUTTON. NeoGamma R7 is BS. Im researching for its exit commands. otherwise, my time of modding my Wii is a waste. lol.

NeoGamma R7 does not have an exit button??? Screenshot?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Neogamma R7 menu has exit button but when in game, there's nothing i can do but to play the game until either I die of tiredness or i pull the plug to reset. what buttons to press if you want to exit a game in neogamma r7?

--

strange that when i inserted the Genuine Wii Sports game into NeoGamma R7, it exits to the Wii Menu just fine but when playing pirated games, it just goes to black screen. hmm...perhaps, i should try some HDD or SD to test.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Lol. Do not blame ANYTHING on NeoGamma if you don't have another loader that does better!

NeoGamma just loads the game. This is it. It does not stay in memory nor it does magic.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
bare with me. i have to complain at first then calm in the following minutes. i do study them while complaining. it has to do with the pirated game. The Wii cant totally read pirated games, doesnt it?

im trying Configurable USB loader and buy my external HDD.

thanks for the heads up.

I guess I have to pull the plug everytime i open NeoGamma R7 since thre's no command for returning to the Wii menu.

enlighten me on configurable usb loader.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once you have started playing a game from any loader, the loader is done. everything happening is between the wii, the game, the user , and the IOS. this means you cant blame neogamma at all for this. it sounds like you are using the version of cIOS249 that had the bug in it. you would want to call waninkoko on his home phone and he will come to your house personally and fix it.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
im just wondering why im the only one who noticed that YOU CANT EXIT NEOGAMMA while in game. hmmm.. has noone using neogamma r7?

anyway, im going to USB loaders as i dont want to destroy the lens of my wii. trying out the SD USB loader first before buying some HDD.

pirated games will not exit the game. lol.

---

GOODBYE NEOGAMMA R7, Hello Configurable USB Loader. please lock.

The answer is:

THERE'S NO EXIT BUTTON FOR NEOGAMMA R7 once in the game. switch to something else.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well using a USB loader will be using the exact same IOS as what you are dong now, so don't expect any different results.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Im doing fine with Configurable USB Loader and I CAN exit games while in the game. I can go to the wii menu just fine by pushing the home button while playing a game via USB/SD.

GOODBYE NEOGAMMA R7, Hello USB loaders

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PROTIP: On loaders that freeze upon returning to the system menu, hitting reset will often make it go to the menu instead of reloading the game. Works for TriiForce, anyway.

And you already made it into a flame war mang

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
research foo!

like giantpune said, theres no reason to pull the plug, and you still do?
this guys a total noob
complaining about running pirated games

im actually glad you cant get it to do what you want.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one