ROM Hack How to exceed the 300 installed game titles?

Samsonb79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you seriously have 300 titles i doubt you're actively using them all. I'm sure you can find some titles you've forgotten about

unless you're looking to try to get a 100% complete 3ds library or something

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im a person who dont finish games often but switch and return to it
I wondered if this might be the case, it's not uncommon. I have a sizeable physical game collection, I find with so much choice I rarely finish most games (or start them).

That's the upside to being a lvl 300 pirate, you haven't spent tens of thousands of dollars on hundreds of games you've never touched.

Last edited by Zidapi,

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard lots of misinformation about this, several people "assumed" that B9S would magically bypass the 300 game limit, but no dev ever made that claim to my knowledge.

Best solution for going above the 300 game limit is to sort your games into multiple emuNANDs.

Everyone screaming piracy... I hit the 300 game limit before I ever put a CFW on my 3DS, it's not a hard thing to do if you download every game trailer and demo off the eShop. When I lived at my parent's house I had no financial responsibility, the only thing I had to worry about paying for was to put gas in my car, so the rest of my paycheck was pretty much mine to spend how I wanted. Games were released on the eShop at such a slow rate that I used to buy every game as it got released, whether I bothered playing it or not. Hit the 300 game limit with no piracy at all.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I heard lots of misinformation about this, several people "assumed" that B9S would magically bypass the 300 game limit, but no dev ever made that claim to my knowledge.

Best solution for going above the 300 game limit is to sort your games into multiple emuNANDs.

Everyone screaming piracy... I hit the 300 game limit before I ever put a CFW on my 3DS, it's not a hard thing to do if you download every game trailer and demo off the eShop. When I lived at my parent's house I had no financial responsibility, the only thing I had to worry about paying for was to put gas in my car, so the rest of my paycheck was pretty much mine to spend how I wanted. Games were released on the eShop at such a slow rate that I used to buy every game as it got released, whether I bothered playing it or not. Hit the 300 game limit with no piracy at all.
So how do you setup this emunand thing?

plug313

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope Luma bypasses this limit in time
with no piracy I have nearly 100 games (not counting pre-installed apps and homebrews) installed and I still have a 100 games long eShop wishlist and probably nearly that many more retail games I'd like to purchase.
it may not be this year or the next but I expect to hit that 300 title limit eventually. I blame my love for gaming and the 3DS's incredible and varied library.
and oh yeah I'm slowly getting through all these games btw. I rarely give up on a game.

Reactions: Chrisssj2

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use a new SD card or copy everything on your SD card to your PC and format it with EmuNAND using GodMode9 or EmuNAND9. Copy everything back to your SD card from PC.
How do i do this, can you plz tell me step by step. i boot up godmode9 and look at format option it says:
no emunand
sysnand size min
sysnand size full
1gb
2gb
user input
What do i choose?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i do this, can you plz tell me step by step. i boot up godmode9 and look at format option it says:
no emunand
sysnand size min
sysnand size full
1gb
2gb
user input
What do i choose?
If you're not using Brickway, you can just do SysNAND size min. If you do use Brickway, you should probably use their tool.

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I heard B9 bootstrap should now allow for this?
How exactly is this done?
Since tonight im over 300 titles, I deleted some unneccary apps and a few games and now im at 295 ish. The apps that were removed from the dashboard started re-appearing(Can I trust this?)

So now im looking for ways to increase that 300 limit. I am fine now. But there will be atleast 20+ titles coming in 2017/2018 which would put me over that.

You can install them you just need to launch them through fbi. it's not a hard title limit, it's an icon cache display limit rumored to be due to memory management of the home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Audiophiles mjs second allegation