How to edit Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - easy

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Type_O_Dev, May 14, 2018 at 11:25 PM.

1. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    I know that, thats 1.3.0 patch notes. im asking does this editor have the ability to max out blade affinity grids

Last edited by MasterJ360, May 16, 2018 at 10:17 PM
  2. Type_O_Dev
    OP

Type_O_Dev GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2017
    United States
    Well if using template yes you can find the values in there.
    I hope to be doing a update soon that should make it easier than this with more control

MasterJ360 likes this.
  3. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Ah ok that's good enough for me. Completing rare blade grids are a pain b/c we have to be near end game to do so, your work is going to make
    everything extremely convenient to completionists for sure

4. LitEmerald

LitEmerald Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    so soon u will add Affinity charts I really dont wanna do Ursulas

5. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    The updated script on GotHub does some for you, also maxed out some blade stats if there’s no default hard values set by the game. The link can be found on the 2nd page I think.

EDIT: Here you go: https://gist.github.com/x43x61x69/7a98adc8a8e04b29adf00f997fae0561

I think the OP can include this too in case it updates.

Last edited by _______, May 17, 2018 at 12:34 AM
  6. LitEmerald

LitEmerald Newbie

Newcomer
    Wednesday
    United States
    Thx but it only boosted my trust still really helpful

7. Batrimimina!

Batrimimina! Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 17, 2015
    is there anyway to unlock blades? ive been constantly setting 99 legendary cores and cant get kosmos.

8. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    Yes and no. You can do it manually by filling in the detail into the blade array, however that could cause problem as no one really reverse the whole game system so no info regarding the correct values. And no there’s no way to do it automatically.

However, from my experiences, tho the chances were getting lower when you got more rare blades, it’s still around 1/200 chance to get one rare. I have only 3 missing, and I got 5 including Kosmos with my last 400 cores. Just keep trying until you got it.

9. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Use rare cores aswell don't just rely on legendary increase your chances with everything you have

10. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    It does unlock them, including those that’s in the locked rows. The problem is those marked as ??? were linked to quests of the storyline, so you still have to clear them to go pass anything after them in the same row. Once you do that, apply the script again you will see them all unlocked.

In short: apply it once, go to each blade’s chart and let it unlock the rows with hacked trust points. Dump the save again and run it with the script again. Go and check the chart and you’ll see rows not blocked by ??? will fill in all at once. Try clear the quests and they will be unlocked, including those after the ???.

11. Green Mii

Green Mii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2015
    United States
    There technically is a way, but doing so doesn't unlock their Awakening videos in the Events Theatre.

So, first and foremost, figure out which driver you want the blade on. Say, for example, you wanted Kos-Mos on Rex. Disengage one or two Blades that you can. Save and transfer the save to your PC for editing. Next, open up the save file in the editor and go to struct gf_SDataDriver Driver [0]. I always check to make sure it's Rex by checking out the Driver ID, which should be 1. Next, look for unsigned short EquippedBlades[3]. The numbers in here correspond the BladeID numbers, which seem to start at 1001. 0 means no Blade is engaged, so you're gonna change that one to the BladeID of the Blade you want. In this case, for Kos-Mos, it's 1039, so change one of the empty slots to 1039, save the file, and reimport it to your Switch.

Capture.PNG

Kos-Mos should be equipped to your driver, and just to be safe, engage any Blade to Rex to refresh the icons. You can figure out the other BladeIDs through the save editor, but if someone wants to write up a list, that would certainly help.

Once again, doing this will NOT unlock their Awakening videos in the Events Theater. That can probably be changed in the save by modifying a flag or something.

12. naota34

naota34 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2016
    United States
    Still new to this, but is there a way to just max driver skill points and not stats/exp/level? Here is my saves is that helps. Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

13. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Hmmm It may not be a good idea to max their affinity charts actually since every rare blade will have their respective Quests and their own cutscenes.
    In theory maxing their charts will prevent you from having access to their cutscenes just like editing in a blade you don't own without their core crystal awakening scenes. But thats if you care about having a 100% theater

14. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    No, the quest completion status were recorded in separated locations in the save, the blade achievements quest just check the quest id and see if they were done. You can't patch those quest based ones w/o patching the quest completion list, just those "grinding" based ones.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You should leave a comment on that GitHub page so he/she might make changes (as, you know, he might not be around here to see this post), or mod the script yourself.

Also, I found that stats were limited by levels, even you set them to 999, the seems to be lower down to your level's base stats. So you can just patch the save, then manually edit the level.

Last edited by _______, May 17, 2018 at 3:41 PM
  15. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    So we still have their quest cutscenes even if we didn't encounter upon quests nodes? Have you checked your theater to confirm this?

16. _______

_______  

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    I don't know, my quest based chart items were not filled after applying the script.

17. MasterJ360

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Im sure the affinity chart can be maxed I understand that much, the question is will the end user miss out on cutscenes attached to those quest nodes since we aren't actually doing the said quests
    But I'll test this on Torna blades once my jig arrives

Last edited by MasterJ360, May 17, 2018 at 3:49 PM
  18. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    Anyone been playing with jumping to maps?
    Some work and some don't. Too bad you can only get to areas that has a landmark, so cutscene maps probably won't work.

19. Armando99

Armando99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    United States
    how do you make it so that the script wont add another accessory slot to the drivers because I have two slots on each driver and when I run the script it adds another one which I don't want

20. Filyx29

Filyx29 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    Canada
    dont know if it would be behter to report it here or on the github page but all blades feeding affinity quests gets bugged out ussing this tool, they get filled out, folowed by not completting, resulting in no way to completem them even if manualy feed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice