how to edit the cheat.db cheat file on M3?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by dsrules, Feb 14, 2008.

Feb 14, 2008
  1. dsrules
    OP

Member dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

There are alots of cheats that I don't need and want to add my own cheats. Is there a software that can open and edit the cheat.db file for M3?

2. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I use R4CCE to edit the dat. While it will save a db file, it won't open it for whatever reason. Just use this file (click here) and open the USRCHEAT.dat in the download in my sig, edit out the games you don't care about, select "save as".....in the drop down box, select db file to save as and save it as the cheat.db file. You should be good after that.

Hope that helps ya! [​IMG]

3. dsrules
    OP

I was using the Cheat Code Editor and it couldn't save as .db files. Now, this one works wonderfully!!! Thanks alot!

4. Dubwiser

Newcomer Dubwiser Newbie

Albania
    Hmm, i have the same problem, except i tried out what rayder suggested and haven't had any luck.
    I save my cheat.dat(which has the same content as usrcheat.dat) as chat.db replacing the old one in the flash rom(btw, it does let me save as cheat.db, but it says "*.dat" in the box), but when i go to the game's cheat page, it says that there are no cheats for the said game. I checked and the game ID is what it should be(AVPC), and i only added one code(Max luck, which i converted from the us version to 01211F45 0000E4A9).
    Btw, i als tried to save the codes as a text file, tried to activate them but the one i wanted doesn't work at all, and the moon jump works weird...

5. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    Personally I would edit the .xml files much easier.

6. dsrules
    OP

for xml, you have to enter , those kind of stuff every time?

if you only use cheats on certain games (like only a few out of the 2000+ games out there), the most easiest way is to use *.dht files, the downside is that it's 1 file per game.

example:
    [Max luck]
    01211F45 0000E4A9

that's all you need, and not all AR codes work on the M3 REAL right now, if you see an AR code that has this in it DC000000 0000xxxx, it's mostly not gonna work until they fix it in future firmwares

7. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    R4CCE 1.0 has a bug, it doesn't save the hole file (and then cannot open the resulting file as it's corrupted).

V1.01 is good, and offer the ability to check GameID [​IMG]
    I used this to put moogle cheat on my custom made FFCC undub -_^

edit : Ah, sorry it was for .dat, not .db
    V1.01 is .dat only

8. dsrules
    OP

none of the R4CCE versions can edit *.db files
    *.dht , and now *.txt is the best way to go when making and editing your own custom cheats

9. OnkelLes

Newcomer OnkelLes Member

Austria
    And how do i get this *.dht files? Is there a programm? I tried to edit just with wordpad, but it seems not to work? So please tell me how i make dht files? And what i need to write inside.

Greetings

10. dsrules
    OP

forget about *.dht cheatfiles..the M3 REAL will freeze after you used softreset then changing cheats for the game

I found out how to make *.txt cheatfiles, and it's the best and easiest way in making a cheatfile
    checkout my tutorial:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80151