ROM Hack How to edit/recompress certain Fire Emblem Fates files?

Pichi-Hime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so there are a few things I want to edit, but for the life of me can't find any tutorial on how to edit them. So first things first.

I decompressed a few support files using FEAT and got a .txt from it. I made the edits I wanted, but now I don't know how to recompress the .txt to a format readable by the game. I cannot find a way how, despite searching a lot of places I can think of.

Another is editing Live2D textures. I found the character's model I wanted to edit, which is in a .ctpk.lz format. FEAT crashes when trying to decrypt it, so that's a no go. I was wondering how I could decompress the file to a .ctpk. I have a .ctkp tool which can extract them, but I need to get it to that stage first.

Lastly, I have a few questions. These may not all have answers, or be possible, but natural curiousity I guess.

1. Is it possible to add accessories to the accessory shop, ala the content restoration patch? Like say adding the adventurer hat or Nyx's veil as accessories?

2. Is it possible to edit CGI images in the game? Like
Gunter's in Revelations Ch 26

3. Are character voice replacements a thing? Like replacing Jakob with Frederick's vioce clips from Awakening, etc.?

That's probably all. Thanks for your time! :)

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Another is editing Live2D textures. I found the character's model I wanted to edit, which is in a .ctpk.lz format. FEAT crashes when trying to decrypt it, so that's a no go. I was wondering how I could decompress the file to a .ctpk. I have a .ctkp tool which can extract them, but I need to get it to that stage first.

FEAT should decompress them even though it crashes the folder should have a decompressed version.

Pichi-Hime

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you open up the decompressed file in Hex you will notice its trying to extract to "R:/graphics/3D/L2D/" I just changed "R" to "C".
So then the file is correctly decompressed and I can do what I need to do to it?

EDIT: Okay, so I got the extracted texture from the Live2D model. I replaced th texture with the one I edited, so now how can I go about recompressing the .tga into the .ctpk?

Last edited by Pichi-Hime,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hi @AncientBoi +1