How to edit mario kart wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by afnuke, Jul 21, 2010.

Jul 21, 2010

How to edit mario kart wii by afnuke at 4:20 PM (671 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. afnuke
    OP

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    As you all know they came out with new super mario bros levels which were good.

Yesterday they came out with mario kart levels also, but they are only for using a disc in the drive and the riivolution program. My drives broke, so that not an option and I want to know how to manually inject the boards. Theres a little info on how to do it but it was poorly written and partially in another language. Can someone PLEASE give me some quick directions on how to accomplish this manually. THANKS !!

2. fiveighteen

Member fiveighteen High Hopes and Low Expectations

United States
    First of all, custom MK tracks have been done far before yesterday. I'm pretty sure you can just replace them in the ISO using WiiScrubber 1.40

3. afnuke
    OP

Member afnuke GBAtemp Regular

United States
    okay, Ill try it. Ive used most apps, but wiiscrubber always gave me problems and I never could get it setup right. I know it needs a key.......Ive got two wiis, does it matter which one I use or does it just need a key to run? The directions say it also needs a korean key, is that true?

4. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There should be a "MakeKeyBin" program. Run it and enter the number it tells you to create the key file.

If you don't have MakeKeyBin, grab a copy (the app is tiny): http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H3620PY7