Homebrew How to edit .dol files to make them Wiiflow plugin compatible?

Neoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey there guys.

Pretty much title says it all, the reason is because the OpenBor plugin that abz's master pack has, is outdated, and most .PAK. files i try to play, dont launch at all, and with the newest openbor update for wii does.

so how can i edit boot files(dol) to make them wiiflow plugin compatible, since i edited the paths and replaced the older boot file with the newer one, but instead of launching games directly like a front-end, it takes me directly to openbor menu and makes me choose which game to play.

Thank you guys in advance!!!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's the plugin release by wiimpathy in the wiiflow thread.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-an-open-source-gui-usb-loader.204106/page-667#post-4719266

there is a source code link. but its in svn and the new one is in git. plus i don't see a patch file. maybe @Wiimpathy can shed some light.
also post your openbor plugin ini so we can see if its setup proper.

edit: just looked at the git code and for the wii folder it says "Wiimpathy updated"

Wiimpathy Updates

Variouse updates from Wiimpathy.
- Add devkitPPC r29+ compatibility.
-Add loader's arguments support. Load games with WiiFlow etc.
-Fix Wii Classic Controller dpad in menu.
-Fix a crash when loaded from USB without SD and with a device in port 1.

this means his patches were add to the official code and the newest version should work as a wiiflow plugin. so maybe you have the plugin setup incorrectly.
did you move the game paks to a new folder? and if so did you do a reload cache in wiiflow?

edit #2: just tried the latest openbor and it does not auto boot a game. even though the code says they added wiimpathy's patches. they must've screwed up his coding somehow.
here's a link to wiimpathy's latest wiiflow plugins which includes a sept 2018 version for openbor. (scroll down to find it) i tested and it works at least from SD. did not try USB.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/wiiflow-lite.422685/page-76#post-8580238

Last edited by fledge68,
Reactions: Neoma

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Neoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hellow there guy, thanks for your replies, and headsup about the updated openbor plugin, i time to test now, last question.

editing dol files to make them auto launch games (aka plugin) is non noob friendly? thanks, questios because i use latest not64, where the one that abz's masterpack has an older version, incompatible with some stuff, also plan to update wiisx to wiisxR.

Neoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes! i am, just replaced the dol file with the same name

edit<<<

the openbor fix plugin just gives a green screen to all of my openbor games, any idea why??

Last edited by Neoma,

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, you don't give much details about which games and what you've done. I've only tested a few games, Bruce Lee - Revenge of the Dragon 1.0, Aliens vs Predator - Aftermath, and they start without problem.

Just one thing, not all games are wii compatible. It could be a resolution issue for example. Lack of Ram too. You'd better ask for help on their forum: http://www.chronocrash.com/forum/index.php?topic=3990.0
Or maybe open an issue on Github: https://github.com/DCurrent/openbor/issues
Note they're not very interested in console port though.

Last edited by Wiimpathy,

Neoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
sorry for the lack of information, the games i tested out, runned pretty well on the openbor that the masterpack had included, but the one you updated gives me a green screen on all games, i'll give a short list

all 3 splatter house game, fighting street, marvel alliance 2, final fight gold, golden axe genesis by inseph, double dragon gold, and many others, all of those used to run on the old openbor pluggin i had, i didn't changed the pak path, nor did i edited the openbor folder name or any other sub folder inside, i just replaced your pluggin dol file with the older one, it asked me to replaced and it did replaced,i redownloaded your updated plugin and its still gives a green screen after a 5 seconds black screen when launched the game, to be more specific i am also using wiiflow lite einstein mod, using dx2 v8 final cios.
micro sd card fully formated with parition master tool, wii is 4.3u.

also sorry about the whole thing, i know is frustrating what im causing here, but i really want to get the new updated one working. thank you guys for your time

Last edited by Neoma,

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Wiimpathy,

Neoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes i replaced the text file and it worked now thanks, the reason i use the other wiiflow lites is because is easier to access the plugin menu by just pressing B, i tested out this one and i have to either go to options below and put a check mark on the emulator i want, or put in in ALL mode where it mixes up with everything.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes i replaced the text file and it worked now thanks, the reason i use the other wiiflow lites is because is easier to access the plugin menu by just pressing B, i tested out this one and i have to either go to options below and put a check mark on the emulator i want, or put in in ALL mode where it mixes up with everything.
That's not true. I use Wiiflow Lite every day and I can guarantee that it's not working that way, as long as you have a working source_menu.ini. I can access plugins by simply pressing B. Maybe you accidentally deleted some files or misconfigured some paths when you tried WFL?

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hola maestros!
De casualidad tendran el .dol de WIISXR que sea compatible con el plugin de wiiflow?
Para explicarme mejor: Al querer lanzar los juegos de PS1 desde wiiflow, lo unico que hace es abrir la app wiisxr, lo cual me obliga a nuevamente desde ahi lanzar el juego..
Les agradeceria bastante su ayuda.. Muchas Gracias

Neoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hola maestros!
De casualidad tendran el .dol de WIISXR que sea compatible con el plugin de wiiflow?
Para explicarme mejor: Al querer lanzar los juegos de PS1 desde wiiflow, lo unico que hace es abrir la app wiisxr, lo cual me obliga a nuevamente desde ahi lanzar el juego..
Les agradeceria bastante su ayuda.. Muchas Gracias

ingles only, there is no latest wiiSX compatible with wiiflow yet

coraline2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, Will someone have information on how to edit a .dol file? it is that the structure of the core fbalpha2012_cps3_libretro_wii.dol is giving me problems with its special feature of giving read priority to the sd card and what I want is for it to read only the usb by default..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/