ROM Hack How to dump Puyo Puyo Tetris DLC? It keeps failing, but I'm following instructions.

nickds25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to dump the DLC for Puyo Puyo Tetris as a CIA in preparation for the upcoming English translation patch but when I do it fails. I've read that this is because of some sort of problem with titles that have many .app files. Is there any way that I can dump the DLC currently installed on my 3DS to a CIA that I can use the patch with?

I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, I don't want to cause any trouble.

Last edited by nickds25,

ongo_gablogian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have the DLC installed you can use GodMode9 or Decrypt9WIP to dump it.

In GodMode9 navigate to:

- "[A:] SYSNAND SD".

- Navigate to "title" -> "0004008c" -> "00101200".

- Select "content" then the ".tmd" file.

- Select "TMD file options".

- Then "Build CIA (standard)".

- The dumped file will then be placed in "/gm9out/" on your SD.

nickds25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried that GodMode9 gave me this message.

A:title.../content/00000000.tmd
CIA build failed

Any ideas on why that may be? I'm using the latest version of GM9.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried that GodMode9 gave me this message.

A:title.../content/00000000.tmd
CIA build failed

Any ideas on why that may be? I'm using the latest version of GM9.

Can't you just use a version of nusgrabber, with proper keys set, to download and decrypt the contents? Also I'll try right now on my N3DSXL in GM9. It took such a long time. Do you know what the DLC is? Adventure mode?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so op, you can dump the installed dlc to cia using hourglass9. I'm doing it right now. It'll probably take a bit. Just go to installed title to cia, then the folders mentioned above, then just hit a. It does the rest. So far it's going okay with no errors.

Edit: I spoke too soon. It failed. No idea why. Perhaps the multiple subfolders? Region and language shouldn't factor into this.

There's also no title info associated with the tmd. All other tmds have it.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming nobody has the keys for the dlc. I checked that title key site, but I only saw the puyopuyo Tetris demo in Japan. Not even the full game which we both know installs just fine. Odd.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The keys are on that site just search "BPTJ"

DLC Builds fine on my end with CDN-FX.

Ah, good call. I figured it was as it was showing up in FreeShop. It downloads and installs just fine from there as well.

I told OP already to download a nusgrabber variant and just build it from there. It's just that for some reason the 3DS dumping tools do not seem to be capable of dumping it. Also, as I mentioned, it's tmd title info is set to nothing on my 3DS whereas every other piece of downloaded content has it set properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: