Hacking How to dump iso's on PC in 20 minutes or less.

bigguyplaying

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, this is a tutorial (sort of) on how to dump full wii games onto your computer in less than 20 minutes, this amazed me since most dumpers or even the main computer LG dumper takes easily 2-3 hours. Which was fine until I started using this method, and I can create backups within half an hour.
smile.gif
This isn't really new news but it's mainly to inform anyone who wants to know about it.

Things you'll need:
1.SD/USB Loader v1.5 for the wii(Find how to install this elsewhere.)
2. WBFS Tool v20 by sorg(A google search would be the best option.)
3. A decently sized usb hard drive or SD/SDHC card(I would suggest 8GB)
Things to do
tongue.gif
) Into your computer and launch the WBFS tool, remember that this is a GUI program so keep all the files within one folder. Find the disk letter that is your drive, and you will now see the game as one of the listed games on the HDD.
4. Now, select extract and choose a location.(Don't choose My Documents because it doesn't appear there for some reason, I would suggest desktop or a seperate user created folder. This dump process also generalizes 10 minutes. Once completed, locate your iso on the pc, and your done! Do whatever tweaks you need to do to the iso to get it working and what not. Hope this helped anyone who wants to do this.

gllt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gllt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Nice guide... but SD/USB Loader doesn't copy partition 1 (updates). Games will still work... but the entire update partition is missing.

I'm sure most people who scrub won't be complaining about this though.
tongue.gif

bigguyplaying

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, through testing i've done with this method a lot of the games i dump using it actually resize back to the original 4.5-6 Gigs that the original 1:1 iso was. I'm not really sure how I got the full 1:1 game back since the USB loader 1.5 scrubbs the game down. e.g I just recently backed up warioware: smooth moves and the game size was 3.25 gigs, but the final iso on my computer was roughly 4.5 GB which is standard for 1:1 discs. I can only assume this happen because the scrubbed part of the game is packed? I'm not really the expert on coding or really on the scrubbing process.

Like i said, this only happened when I dumped games i've tested, some games dumped might still be scrubbed, but I wouldn't know for sure.

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I said to do this in another thread the other day. All you did was stole my idea, post it here and took credit for yourself.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=151...mp;hl=legal+usb
post #19

NakedFaerie said:
I love the USB Loader. Rent games, install, return. Even faster and easier than copying them now.
smile.gif

If you do want a copy just use the WBFS PC programs and dump the ISO then burn it.

bigguyplaying

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly did not know that you had a thread open for this topic. so i'm sorry for that. but I did state that this isn't new news and I was just informing any people who missed a thread or haven't heard about it.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NakedFaerie said:
I said to do this in another thread the other day. All you did was stole my idea, post it here and took credit for yourself.

post #19

NakedFaerie said:
I love the USB Loader. Rent games, install, return. Even faster and easier than copying them now.
smile.gif

If you do want a copy just use the WBFS PC programs and dump the ISO then burn it.
It's not really far-fetched, you know.
Even I knew I could do this, and anyone who's not an idiot should know this.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maurice10 said:
NakedFaerie said:

post #19

NakedFaerie said:
smile.gif

It's not really far-fetched, you know.
Even I knew I could do this, and anyone who's not an idiot should know this.

well most the n00bs here on this forum r idiots

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
this was pretty much just common sense

i guess its for the noobs

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isnt there like some sort of direct dump where you can insert a wii game into the desktop/laptop's drive and using a program to extract the files off the cd and then compressing it into an iso?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
do you REALLY need to have those LG drives, or can you just use the default writer/burner drive?

yes u have to have them no matter what if u want to dump games on the pc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.newegg.com/p/2AM-0319-00099?Item=9SIBFGVK1R7414&Source=socialshare&cm_mmc=snc-social-...